• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi,How to change Mask Color ?I

Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in AE i want to fill a .psd path with a color of choice. the path came over from photoshop as a mask it seems.

How do i change its color ? the mask color square changes the border only.

2014-07-25-02-38-06.jpg

or, how do i convert the mask to a shape that i then can change the fill color of ?

Regards,

Frank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because your layer is an actual Photoshop layer, it obviously contains the contents of that PS layer and is not editable.  But here's some choices:

1 - Go back to the PS document and change the colour in PS.

2 - In AE, apply the Effects/Generate/Fill effect, and set the colour within the effect.   (You can also use the Gradient Ramp effect if you'd rather fill with a gradient).

3 - Create a solid in the colour of your choice, then cut and paste the mask from your original layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

thx for your help. I finally want to give the mask a stroke and no fill and put drop shadows on that stroke. Trying all ways, but can't find how its done yet.

Regards,

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fhxfhx wrote:

thx for your help. I finally want to give the mask a stroke and no fill and put drop shadows on that stroke. Trying all ways, but can't find how its done yet.

Don't put it on a layer that already has content. Make a shape layer or put your mask on a solid instead. Mask on a solid, apply the Stroke effect, apply the Drop Shadow effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szalam,

i've tried the solid and mask copy, but can't find ow to get rid of the fill of the solid ... ?

2014-07-25-22-18-10.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use the layer style for stroke. Use the Effect>Generate>Stroke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 26, 2014 Jul 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aaahhh ... cool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks, 3rd option solved my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines