2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2014 6:18 AM by jeanrouge

Motion Paths and Responsive Projects

jeanrouge Level 1

Hello Everyone

Sorry for my ignorance but I just started using Edge Animate and stumbled across a problem I can't seem to find a solution to.

I have the latest Edge Animate CC 2014 and I am experimenting with motion paths. The output needs to go into a Captivate 8 responsive project and so far I have been able to accomodate all of my needs by changing the px to %, but with Position and size set to motion paths it seems I cant change the X and Y to %. Its probably something stupid but I could use a helping hand here.

• 1. Re: Motion Paths and Responsive Projects
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

I am not familiar with Captivate's capabilities, but yes - the x/y values for a Motion Path is restricted to pixels.

However you can try

- select the element that has the motion path, Right Click and choose Group Elements into Div. This will give you the % options for the parent div that houses the motion path element.

- select the element that has the motion path, Right Click and choose Convert to Symbol. This will give you the % options for the parent sym container that houses the motion path element.

Darrell

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Motion Paths and Responsive Projects
            jeanrouge Level 1

I tried both converting to a symbol and grouping but the motion path remains the same and does not follow the percentage rules. The image gets bigger but the path does not