2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2014 7:23 PM by SG...

Where to put custom background patterns in Photoshop CC 2014?

avtrout

I just got Photoshop CC 2014, I used to use Photoshop Elements 9.0.  When I was using Elements, I was able to download all these nifty jpg patterns and install them into my Presets/Textures file (I think that was where it was).  Where do I put them now?  I have about 200 of them and I don't want to have to open every single one and "define" it as a pattern.  That sounds like a horrible time sucker!

• 1. Re: Where to put custom background patterns in Photoshop CC 2014?
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Photoshop patterns and normally stored in sets the set files have an extension of .pat.  You may also add individual patterns using menu Edit>Define Pattern.  In some Photoshop Pattern dialog you will see a little gear icon to open a Fly-Out menu in that menu there is a entry for Photoshop Preset Manager.  The are also other ways to get into the Preset manager.   In the preset manager you can manage many types of presets. Using its pull-down menu select patterns.  You can Load an save patterns sets.  To save a set tou heed to hilifht the paterns yoy want to include in the set.  You can also delete and rename patterns.

Capture.jpg

• 2. Re: Where to put custom background patterns in Photoshop CC 2014?
            SG... Adobe Employee

Hi,

What OS are you using? I believe you should be able to save out the patterns from Elements and then load them into Ps using the Preset Manager. Do you have the .pat files already from Elements?

regards,

steve