• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Face book games not working with version of Adobe Flash

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Face book gave me an error message you need to upgrade your flash player. Said I needed version 11.1 or higher. I have uninstalled and have version 14. What do I need to do to get my games to play as have higher version? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a problem with the game.  Typically content providers will include some JavaScript that detects the version of Flash Player.  For whatever reason, their logic is failing to detect Flash Player.

The content provider will need to resolve this issue.  Our recommendation is to use the SWFObject2 library for JavaScript detection, as it works well and is actively maintained:
swfobject - SWFObject is an easy-to-use and standards-friendly method to embed Flash content, which ...

Each version of Flash Player includes important security updates, so downgrading to an older version is not a good idea.  You always want to run the latest version of Flash Player.

My recommendation would be to reach out to the game developer.  If they're confused or need help in resolving this, they're more than welcome to reach out to me directly via the Forums and I'll give them a hand.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines