0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2014 5:28 AM by todd_rohrer

Actionscript gets deleted on publish (or move)?

todd_rohrer Level 1

Increasingly in the last few weeks, I've experienced a weird issue where I save or publish a copy of a file I'm working on, and then seemingly random bits of my actionscript are deleted.

For example, on my original save, my Actions looked like this:

// ========== INIT ===========//

//Load the client's logo

mcLogo.loadMovie(_global.dplocal.customizedDataPath + "logo_large.swf");

//Show debug Version info if we're running in standalone mode...

if(_parent == undefined) {

mcVersionInfo._visible = true;

} else {

mcVersionInfo._visible = false;

}

/*

*          Retrieve the customized data path, and remove any leading navigation characters.

*          Next, check if the video is a custom video (its contentPath is not the default

*          thank you video), that it has not been corrected yet, and that this SWF was opened

*          by another SWF; if all are true, then add the folder name to the beginning of the

*          content path.

*/

var customFolder = _global.dplocal.customizedDataPath;

while(customFolder.StartsWith(".") || customFolder.StartsWith("\\") || customFolder.StartsWith("/"))

{

customFolder = customFolder.slice(1);

}

var debugMessage = "\r##### Forms Complete / Thank-You Video - Start #####" +

"\r#  customizedDataPath:  " + _global.dplocal.customizedDataPath +

"\r#  customFolder:  " + customFolder +

"\r#  contentPath (before):  " + mcPlayer.contentPath;

if(mcPlayer.contentPath != "thank_you2.flv" && !mcPlayer.contentPath.StartsWith(customFolder) && _parent != undefined)

{

mcPlayer.contentPath = customFolder + mcPlayer.contentPath;

}

debugMessage += "\r#  contentPath (after):  " + mcPlayer.contentPath +

"\r#####  Forms Complete / Thank-You Video - End  #####";

debug(debugMessage);

but after saving or publishing (I'm not sure which is the issue), it got cut down to this:

// ========== INIT ===========//

//Load the client's logo

mcLogo.loadMovie(_global.dplocal.customizedDataPath + "logo_large.swf");

//Show debug Version info if we're running in standalone mode...

if(_parent == undefined) {

mcVersionInfo._visible = true;

} else {

mcVersionInfo._visible = false;

}

/*

*          Retrieve the customized data path, and remove any leading navigation characters.

*          Next, check if the video is a custom video (its contentPath is not the default

*          thank you video), that it has not been corrected yet, and that this SWF was opened

I didn't touch the actions during my edit.  Sometimes it removes a large amount of code like that, other times it seemed to be only a line or two.

Is there a reason why this gets removed?  Is there something I could do to prevent it?