8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2014 3:57 PM by A.T. Romano

premiere wont open, nothing, no error, just nothing!

LizzyLove

Last night I was using the software working on a video, I did not finish my video, I saved it, closed the program and went to bed, today I try to open the program and I can not open it, nothing happens, no error message, nothing, just absolutely nothing.  I dont know what is going on or how to fix it.   I just received this software about a week or so ago for a birthday present, I havent used it a lot only a few times, I have been working on the same video all this time and have not finished my first video yet, this is the first issue.  please help!

• 1. Re: premiere wont open, nothing, no error, just nothing!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

LizzyLove

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

For now I will assume Premiere Elements 12/12.1 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Even though you cannot open the project that you had created and saved/closed, can you open a new project?

After you saved closed the project that you had been working on, did you move, delete, or rename any of the files (on the hard drive) that

you had imported into that project?

What was the size of the project before the save close?

Let us start here and then plan our troubleshooting strategy based on your details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: premiere wont open, nothing, no error, just nothing!
            LizzyLove Level 1

Hi ATR thank you for replying,

I am running premiere elements 12 on windows 7 64 bit

I can not open a new project or any project, absolutely nothing, when the welcome screen opens and I try to open my existing project or a new project the welcome screen closes and disappears and nothing happens.  so I changed the setting on the welcome screen to be a new project open off the bat instead of the welcome screen and now absolutely nothing happens when I try to open. 

I am not sure the size of the project I was working on and I am not sure how to tell without being able to open it.   i did not delete, move or do anything to the files or anything on my computer, the last thing I did before I went to bed was save my project and close premiere, the first thing I did when getting up was try to open premiere and nothing happens.  thanks again!

• 3. Re: premiere wont open, nothing, no error, just nothing!
              A.T. Romano Level 7

LizzyLove

Thanks for the follow up.

Please determine if the problems exists with or without the antivirus disabled.

Depending on that outcome of that....

Let us delete the Premiere Elements 12 settings file.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work then you delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which the

Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

If that does not work, then try renaming the SLCache Folder and SLStore Folder as described in the following blog post.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Premiere Elements 12 Editor Will Not Open

We may end up doing a uninstall, cclean cleaner run through, and reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disable, but let us determine the results

from the above first.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: premiere wont open, nothing, no error, just nothing!
                LizzyLove Level 1

Thank you for all your help, actually one of adobe tech support workers came on my computer and fixed the problem for me, everything seems to be working fine now.  thanks again!!!  

• 5. Re: premiere wont open, nothing, no error, just nothing!
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

LizzyLove

Great news. Thanks for the follow up.

Did the Adobe Tech Support worker tell you what the problem was?

It was good that you were able to get through. At the moment I am finding the Adobe Chat links to be down. The user is left with Ask the Community where

we cannot do the remote control of your computer for troubleshooting.

Best wishes and continued success with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR

• 6. Re: premiere wont open, nothing, no error, just nothing!
                    LizzyLove Level 1

no he did not sorry, and I didnt ask mainly because I figured I wouldn't understand anyhow lol  

when I first posted my problem here was because I had found the chat to be down but then after I posted here and checked again it was suddenly up so maybe I just lucked out lol

• 7. Re: premiere wont open, nothing, no error, just nothing!
                      LizzyLove Level 1

btw thanks for all your help!!!

• 8. Re: premiere wont open, nothing, no error, just nothing!
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

LizzyLove

Thanks for the follow ups.

Glad you will be moving forward in your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR