5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2014 6:22 AM by Doc Maik

Hello,

laurentrits

A couple of years ago I bought a student license CS6. Today, when I started the program, ik got a message that I was running a trial version on my machine. After calling the support service, I was advised to contact the forum for a solution of this problem.

So, was kind of solution can you offer me.

Kind regards,

Laurent Rits

• 1. Re: Hello,
          Doc Maik Level 4

Seems like any change on your system caused. You either need to reinstall the software, so the installer will write the license information again on the boot sectors of your HDD.

Searching the internet for repair strategies for CS6 are not successful. For older suites, Adobe had a repair tool.

• 2. Re: Hello,
            laurentrits Level 1

Hello,

Last year my pc had a number of crashes due to a problem with the SSD, so I installed the software already a couple of times and run out of possibilities to reinstall.

• 3. Re: Hello,
              laurentrits Level 1

Thanks already, maybe a system recovery can do the trick, if not, I will be back

• 4. Re: Hello,
                laurentrits Level 1

Hello,

I tried a system recovery yesterday, which diid not help at all. Re-installing the program is not really possible because of the fact that my system crashed 3 or 4 times last year. Last year I could get some help by phone but now I discovered that that helpline is no longer available.

Kind regards,

Laurent

• 5. Re: Hello,
                  Doc Maik Level 4

Ok, but there still is a helpline. Try that one.

Apart from that, why would reinstallation not be possible. It wipes the license data, so you do the license procedure again.

A system recovery does not work here, that's why it wasn't suggested.