1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 25, 2014 8:42 AM by Rick Gerard

Trying to accurately revolve a circular text path 360 degrees! Pls help!

RebC

Hi,

I'm new to AE so this maybe very stupid, but I have created a circular text path so that may text revolves around the edge of a 2D circle, but I want to rotate it from where it begins from to end up in exactly the same place. Trouble is, I seem to have to use margins to get it to run all the way around the circle, as the rotate option means the whole circle revolves around my anchor point - which is not central in my screen and I can't seem to get it so. Trying to move the anchor point just moves my circle further out and not the anchor point. It's driving me potty, but I'm not sure how many margins = a 360 rotate?! If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Many thanks,

Rebecca

• 1. Re: Trying to accurately revolve a circular text path 360 degrees! Pls help!
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm not sure I am following you . If you use a circular mask as your text path and animate the first margin the text will spin around the circle like the circle was a wheel. That seems to be what you want to do. If you want to rotate the layer then the anchor point and the center of the path must be in the same spot. You can get there using guides or snapping. If simply animating the first margin does not get you what you want then please explain further and send us a screenshot.