5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2014 7:08 PM by A.T. Romano

Why can't I sign into Premiere Elements 10 to use a template?

New Papa Level 1

I'm trying to select one of the templates to use for the credits of my film, but it keeps trying to get me to sign in. The signing in process begins, but it never actually signs me in or rejects me. The signing in box just remains on the screen.

I've never before had to sign in to use any of the basic (Non-Plus Members Only) templates. What can I do?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Why can't I sign into Premiere Elements 10 to use a template?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

New Papa

What specific template are your trying to use? Is it one of the Title Templates?

What does this Sign In dialog look like? Is it possible for you to post a screenshot of it ? (no personal information on it).

Does this Sign In appear if you select an Effect, Transition, Clip Art?

Is your Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit?

With the information requested I will devise some troubleshooting strategy.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Why can't I sign into Premiere Elements 10 to use a template?
            New Papa Level 1

Hi, ATR

I'm trying to select one of the scrolling credits templates, one that I used a while back.

This Sign In appears only when I try to select the particular template for rolling credits and when I try to select the matching one for the DVD menu.

I'm using Premiere Elements 10 with Windows 7, 32-bit OS.

I've attached a screenshot.

Thank you,

JohnnyScreenshot of PRE 10.jpg

• 3. Re: Why can't I sign into Premiere Elements 10 to use a template?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

New Papa

Bottom line: You cannot gain access to this discontinued Content.

Details.

Thanks for the screenshot. That cleared up the situation for me completely.

Please refer to my screenshot from my Premiere Elements 10 Windows

photoshop.com.JPG

Top left and top right thumbnail marks as seen in the 2nd row of thumbnails are photoshop.com plus types. They are no longer available to you in the

program. photoshop.com and photoshop.com plus are discontinued from the Adobe products. The only Titles available to you in 10 are displayed with thumbnails without those top left/top right markings as seen in the second row. There is no workaround or anywhere you can now buy replacements for 10.

I am not sure how and when the photoshop.com plus choices were ever available to you. Unless it was at a transitioning out of photoshop.com and a glitch in the system that permitted it. If you actually purchased one of these photoshop.com plus Content items, you should not be having any problems trying to access the files. You should have the completed files on your computer hard drive.

However, for versions 11 and 12, Adobe now has many of these choices as part of the purchased product (no ties to photoshop.com plus or Adobe Rebel which is now Adobe's preferred sharing site). No one sells replacements for 10. Buying 11 and 12 to get at copies of these files is possible but....

The Sign In dialog is meaningless in versions of Premiere Elements earlier than 11.

Please let me know if you have any questions on the above or need clarification on anything that I have written. I can offer suggestions for your searching for any purchased photoshop.com files if that turns out to be the case.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Why can't I sign into Premiere Elements 10 to use a template?
                New Papa Level 1

Hi, ATR

Thank you for your message. I was afraid that the problem was related to the obsolete photoshop.com. That's too bad because there are just a couple options for screen credits from which I may select now.

Do you use version 12, by chance? Do you see noticeable improvements to version 10 in the overall program?

I figure that the next version of Premiere Elements is probably being worked on by the folks at Adobe. I'll probably wait until after I have upgraded my PC before I look into updating Premiere Elements.

Thank you for your help.

• 5. Re: Why can't I sign into Premiere Elements 10 to use a template?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

New Papa

Thanks for the follow up.

There is a marked workspace difference between 11/12 and anything earlier than 11. The principles stay about the same, but features do move around, get changed, or discontinued.

Come September 2014 a new version of Photoshop Elements Premiere Elements should be released if history repeats the annual ritual. I would wait until then to make a decision. The good news about Premiere Elements 10 is that the user had the choice of Content from download from Adobe if the purchase was online download and from disc if the product was purchased in boxed packaging. Starting with 11, no more Content disc. Now Content is from within the program irregardless of type of purchase.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: No Content Disc - Content Downloads from Adobe

Until your plans are finalized, have you given thought about creating your own rolling credits title or modifying an Adobe created by changing font style, font size, etc?

The following is a link to the Premiere Elements 12 Help PDF to give you an idea of what is going on with 12.

http://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere-elements_reference.pdf

But keep in mind that version 12 like 10 will be a 32 bit, not 64 bit, on your Windows 32 bit computer. Premiere Elements 10, 11, and 12 Windows needs specifically Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit to be 64 bit application. This has impact on the computer resource situation and getting the larger projects done in the 64 bit computer environment.

Please let us know if you have any further questions on this.

Thank you.

ATR