2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2014 9:39 AM by kwdelre

Render Crashing with New Update

kwdelre Level 1

Well, last night I rendered a project with zero issues.

Today I updated via CC App and some hell broke loose.

First, when I opened CC 2014 (had used it many times before) it suddenly thinks I was using a trial version???? Even though I am signed in. Nice bug Adobe.

So I followed the prompts and it was magically linked again.

Then, I render out the exact same project with only minor keyframe timing adjustments. After it gets a a bit done, AE freezes and never recovers. (crashed one of those times) It has done this three times in a row now, even after restarts, and memory dumps.

Is anyone else having issues rendering? I know each system is different, but my point is that nothing changed except for timing keyframes which would have ZERO to do with this issue.

Thanks for any insight.

- Will

• 1. Re: Render Crashing with New Update
          kwdelre Level 1

It looks like I got it to render past where it stopped before. I unchecked "Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously." Not sure why that would stop allowing it to render without freezing.

I did notice that in the activity manager the RAM was used around 31GB out of 32GB, yet I have the AE preferences set to save 4 GB of RAM for other applications.....

• 2. Re: Render Crashing with New Update
            kwdelre Level 1

I see Kevin with Adobe has marked this as correct.....

Is there any other information about this bug to provide users? As much as I like talking to myself, it would be nice to know why I (or we) have to uncheck "Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously."