7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2014 6:34 PM by Ziji Man

My After Effects wont open!

am04874 Level 1

It keeps saying "You have at least one output module template that refers to a missing output plug-in. Please check your output module templates

• 2. Re: My After Effects wont open!
          am04874 Level 1

I have the CS6 Creative Suite and for some reason After Effects, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro won't open. I've never had this problem before and I'm not aware of any updates that I am missing. I'm on a Windows 7 OS. I recently took my computer to Best Buy to check the battery and when I got it back I was having issues opening the programs.

When I try to open After Effects for example it says

"After Effects warning: Unknown Exception" then

"After Effects AEGP Plug-in AEDynamic Link Server: Unknown error in Adobe Dynamic Link. (5027::12) then

"You have at least one output module template that refers to a missing output plug-in. Please check your output module templates) then

"After Effects warning: Unknown Exception" then

"After Effects can't continue unexpected failure during application startup" then

Another box comes up which says "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Lib (I guess Runtime Library) Program C:\ Program Fi... R6025 - pure virtual function call"

I have no clue where to even check for output modules or plug-ins. Im at a lost.

When I try to open Photoshop it says "Unable to continue because of a hardware system error, but this error is unrecoverable"

Premiere Pro won't even open at all. Like period.

1 person found this helpful
          • 3. Re: My After Effects wont open!
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Check your device manager. you are missing a critical system driver and associated DLLs. also reinstall all your software properly.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: My After Effects wont open!
              am04874 Level 1

I reinstalled the programs but it won't work still. Im not sure if I had to uninstall them from the computer first. Also I'm not sure how many times I can reinstall the software using the cd. I installed it the original time, then reinstalled it (without uninstalling the previous one), and it said the installation was complete (even though it still doesn't work). Am I going to be able to use the cd once more to install it? When you say device manager do you mean Windows, or the Adobe Help manager? Also, how would I go about checking my DLL's?

• 5. Re: My After Effects wont open!
                Ziji Man

I'm confused as to why you are doing so much troubleshooting without first returning to Best Buy.

Program works -- go to Best Buy -- program no longer works? <---- If it really is that cut-and-dry, you should return to Best Buy immediately and try and talk to the tech who worked on your computer. The longer you take, the less likely the guy is going to remember what he did to your computer.

If you went back immediately the guy might say: "Oh I remember deleting that file, I didn't recognize it or know what it is. Sorry."

If you go back in 3 days, the guy might say: "Who are you and what are you talking about?"
                Just trying to help.

• 6. Re: My After Effects wont open!
                  am04874 Level 1

Yeah I'm taking it back tomorrow. Ive just been confined to the house for a couple of days because people have been in and out working on the house. I was just trying to see if there was something I could do in the meantime. Thanks for the advice though, I understand you wanting to be completely logical with me :-).

• 7. Re: My After Effects wont open!
                    Ziji Man Level 1

I really hope it works out for you!! I understand what you were doing now, I would have done the same thing. I avoid corporate computer "repair shops" because there just isn't enough accountability.

You can find a good tech guy sometimes through friends or even at your local "Extreme" PC shop. Tell them Best Buy will work on your problem for X amount of dollars and usually they will match or beat that price for the same work.

The Difference?? These guys are fully accountable for everything they do to your computer. They also personally know you and your computer.

I was fortunate enough to find a computer tech guy who gave me his cell number. I can call him until 9pm with questions or problems with my computer, and his store has been around for 15 years, so he's not going anywhere.

Truly....I hope you get everything back in order!!!