3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2014 1:43 PM by A.T. Romano

PE12 crashes while working. I have autosave set at 5 mins but no saves are ever auto done.

krummo

Why wont it autosave? I have lost so many hours of work. I was working on a project over the course of 3 days, and there was no problems. Autosave set at 20 min, file saves ok, but today after tidying up the project and adding a few more clips (3-4hrs of work), PE 12 crashed and everything was gone, all the edits from the past 4 hrs. I restarted the program and started all over again and set autosave to 5min. The program just crashed again and has taken another 3hrs of work and lost it?

I have just upgraded to PE 12 and under the Distance selling Regulations (UK), I want my money back as I am not happy at all.

JUST TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY, THIS FORUM EDITING BOX GIVES ME THIS MESSAGE "Your content was last auto-saved at 2:17 AM" I wish the software would do the same

• 1. Re: PE12 crashes while working. I have autosave set at 5 mins but no saves are ever auto done.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

krummo

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? If you can keep it open long enough to get into its Expert workspace,

then update from 12 to 12.1 in the project's Help Menu/Update.

Let us make sure that the AutoSave works at all.

Where are you saving the project - Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/12.0? If so, the Adobe Premiere Elements AutoSave folder and

the AutoSaves should be going there. The Adobe Premiere Elements Auto Save Folder typically travels with the project file (project.prel). (Also note that the project saving location is determined in the new project dialog (File Menu/New/Project).

1. You go to Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoSave and set for

Automatically Save Every  1 minute

Maximum number of Versions = 5

Import media and work on the project for 5 minutes.

During those 5 minutes do you see a save message flash on and off about every minute?

Do you find AutoSaves in the Adobe Premiere Elements AutoSave Folder in the 12.0 Folder cited above?

If not, repeat the process, but before you start the 5 minute time period, do a manual save by clicking on the word Save at the top right of the Expert workspace.

Then continue watching for signs that the AutoSave is now triggered.

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...After we know that the AutoSave works or does not, then we will give full attention to the set up of the project, source media properties, edits,

etc. as well as to the computer resources.

• 2. Re: PE12 crashes while working. I have autosave set at 5 mins but no saves are ever auto done.
            krummo Level 1

Thank you so much for that reply . I feel like such an idiot not seeing the clearly labelled Autosave folder. .

I am using Win 7 Home 64 bit and these are the events recorded by the system

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          25/07/2014 22:25:48

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:   XXXXX

Description:

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, version: 12.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x530bd24a

Faulting module name: TitlerCreator.dll, version: 12.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x523ccc03

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000043d5

Faulting process id: 0x373c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfa84504b039e2

Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Faulting module path: D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12\TitlerCreator.dll

Report Id: 3e7400f9-1442-11e4-8b2f-485b39a18292

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-07-25T21:25:48.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>106644</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>XXXXX</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Adobe Premiere Elements.exe</Data>

<Data>12.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>530bd24a</Data>

<Data>TitlerCreator.dll</Data>

<Data>12.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>523ccc03</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>00000000000043d5</Data>

<Data>373c</Data>

<Data>01cfa84504b039e2</Data>

<Data>D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe</Data>

<Data>D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12\TitlerCreator.dll</Data>

<Data>3e7400f9-1442-11e4-8b2f-485b39a18292</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

and this one...seems similar, but what do I know

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, version: 12.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x530bd24a

Faulting module name: TitlerCreator.dll, version: 12.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x523ccc03

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000043d5

Faulting process id: 0x253c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfa84f0cdd72fd

Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Faulting module path: D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12\TitlerCreator.dll

Report Id: ac2f66a0-145f-11e4-8b2f-485b39a18292

Thanks again

• 3. Re: PE12 crashes while working. I have autosave set at 5 mins but no saves are ever auto done.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

krummo

Thanks for the follow up.

With all those mentions of the TitlerCreator.dll in the post numbered 2 details, I would first ask do you have several to a lot of fonts that you

have installed to your computer besides having the usual Windows fonts? Some like to point to corrupt fonts when the TitlerCreator.dll appears in those

messages.

ATR