• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enterprise multiple instances can't start with port set to 80

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three instances: main instance is for cfadmin site, next two are my websites.

cfusion ---> cfadmin site --- http port <blank> --- remote port 8014 --- host localhost --- cluster none

cfusion2 ----> website 1 --- http port 80 --- remote port 8012 --- host localhost --- cluster none

cfusion3 ----> website 2 --- http port 8501 --- remote port 8011 --- host localhost --- cluster none

cfusion2 does not start up and the instance manager page just refreshes without a message, and there are no system or cf logs with errors. I'm using Chrome browser, I gave up on Internet Explorer(event after adding the sites to the safe zone).

I then proceeded to configure the third site using WSCONFIG in hopes that it will use cfusion3 server but instead it automatically selected cfusion.

I could really use some help here. Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Alright, I got my instances running and each with its own windows service. Plus I do not get the white page of death, and I did not have to manually edit config files in order to make this work.

When cf instances are created, it creates a duplicate copy of the cfusion folder for itself. and so within itself there is also a runtime/bin folder which contains the WSCONFIG tool. So instead of creating cf connectors for my IIS sites using the main cfusion WSCONFIG tool I had to use each tool within ea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked my Services and the instance manager did NOT create a windows service for cfusion2 and cfusion3. I am pretty sure I checked the box for this option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted cfusion2 instance and recreated it and i got

[step 1 of 2] Creating new CF Instance... Done

[step 2 of 2] Creating the CF runtime, this may take a few minutes...

plus I get this error at the bottom of the page and I confirmed that the file does not exists. Not sure why this file did not get created in the creation of the instance.

The cause of this exception was: java.io.FileNotFoundException: E:/../../../lib/neo-runtime.xml (The system cannot find the file specified).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2014 Jul 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm digging into the config files. I'm going to stop my services, back up, modify and restart my services. Is there another config file that should be modified as well? I hope not.

../wsconfig/2/workers.properties

worker.list=cfusion

worker.cfusion.type=ajp13

worker.cfusion.host=localhost

worker.cfusion.port=8014

worker.cfusion.max_reuse_connections=250

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editing the workers.properties file was not enough. I found wsconfig.properties in the wsconfig folder that also needed some modifications:

#ColdFusion Web Server Configuration File

#Sat Jul 26 11:30:45 PDT 2014

1=IIS,1,true,"",bitness64

1.srv=localhost,cfusion

2=IIS,2,true,"",bitness64

2.srv=localhost,cfusion2

ofcourse, I stopped the service, modified the files, started up the service and now when I open the WSCONFIG tool, i see that site 2 is using [localhost:cfusion2] my second instance. Nice!

observation: before these modifications the cf service would take atleast 1 minute to restart, now it restart in a flash(about 4 seconds).

So this worked for me. I think. I don't know if there will be any repercussions. I'll find out soon enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one last discrepancy remains, why didn't the windows service for my 2nd and 3rd instances get created? I know it is optional, and the main coldfusion service controls all three(i think). but since I don't know how to restart one instance without restarting all of them I prefer to have a windows service for each instance/site.

So why is the windows service optional? what are the differences in managing the servers with or without a dedicated windows service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main instance never controls the Start/Stop the subsequent instances.

webmandman8 wrote:

one last discrepancy remains, why didn't the windows service for my 2nd and 3rd instances get created? I know it is optional, and the main coldfusion service controls all three(i think). but since I don't know how to restart one instance without restarting all of them I prefer to have a windows service for each instance/site.

While creating instance, there is a check box for creating the "Service" (looking at earlier responses, it seems like, you are on Windows machine). See below

Capture.JPG

By default, its unchecked. It seems like, it wasn't checked in your case. Can you try creating a new instance, checking the "Create Windows Service" box and share the result.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It created the instance successfully(5th attempt), but there is no windows service.

In my 2nd or 3rd attempt I got this error message:

2014-07-25 16_40_14-webin2 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My currect status: Each of my sites are on their own coldfusion instance. I had to edit wsconfig.properties({cf_root}/config/wsconfig/..), and workers.properties({cf_root}/wsconfig/{n}/..) for each site in order to assign each site to each of the instances.

Creating a new instance automatically assigns an 8500 HTTP port. So I changed the HTTP Port for all instances to Port 80, which didn't automatically restart the instances. Instead they were stopped so I had to click on the little play button that didn't work. So the instances now do not start up. Windows, IIS logs and CF logs do not show anything.

What could possibly be going wrong?

I did find this in the windows application logs which occured at the time that I created my last instance.

Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards. No user action is required. 

DETAIL -

3 user registry handles leaked from \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-1567615034-1048198885-1555736510-1003_Classes:

Process 1444 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\..\..\..\bin\coldfusion.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-1567615034-1048198885-1555736510-1003_CLASSES

Process 924 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\svchost.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-1567615034-1048198885-1555736510-1003_CLASSES

Process 1444 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\..\..\..\bin\coldfusion.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-1567615034-1048198885-1555736510-1003_CLASSES

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my surprise, I configured my sites in IIS to use port 80 and they work. But how? One website is configure in IIS to use hostname:80 and is connected to cfusion2 instance which is set to HTTP port 8501 and REMOTE port 8012 Host localhost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: The following error occurs when I restart the windows service to CF server not when I create a new instance.

Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards. No user action is required.

DETAIL -

3 user registry handles leaked from \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-1567615034-1048198885-1555736510-1003_Classes:

Process 924 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\svchost.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-1567615034-1048198885-1555736510-1003_CLASSES

My Issues:

1. Creating a new instance with a windows service does NOT work. Instance is created but not the windows service.

2. I can't stop an instance from the instange manager. The request waits endlessly for a response from the server. So if I can't reliably stop and start an instance I can't work with this server.

I have less than 9 days left on my trial and I need to atleast setup my environment to show my boss.So I need help in setting up my three websites in IIS with a separate coldfusion server instance and running on port 80. My patience is running out, specially since I've done more than 5 fresh installs and every time encountering new issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I said my sites where up and running, but when I tried serving cfm pages I got the blank white pages. So I deleted the connectors via WSCONFIG tool and create them again. So now I have all my sites listed under the main coldfusion instance "cfusion". Before I went ahead and modified the config so that my sites are assigned to seperate instances I tested my sites with CFM pages and they work. So if all my sites are under the main cf instance then CFM works, but If I assign them to any of the additional instances that I created they do not work. So the problem has to lie in the creation of the instances because we already know that creating a new instance does not create the windows service as it should when I select the option. I can't believe i'm starting another clean install of my server just to make sure I'm not screwing things up myself. It would be nice if one of the Adobe techs/engineers/support would chime in right about now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We may have to look into your setup. Can you contact us at cf.install@adobe.com with reference to this thread?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issues I am having are very similar to the issues reported by the originator of this thread. My CF 11 Enterprise will not create additional services for my cold fusion sites beyond the initial service created during the install process. My problems are compounded because when I try and uninstall the CF11 application the uninstall process hangs and throws the error below. I am now forced to try and uninstall manually. Any help or suggestions to getting the issue resolved are welcome.

Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name:         javaw.exe

Application Version:     7.0.510.13

Application Timestamp:              52b25e38

Hang Signature:              0967

Hang Type:       6144

OS Version:      6.1.7601.2.1.0.274.10

Locale ID:           1033

Additional Hang Signature 1:     09675b5d8f587c9fd57b85cb72e629da

Additional Hang Signature 2:     2cff

Additional Hang Signature 3:     2cff32d5db809ac6ce8170a1d7ac1eb0

Additional Hang Signature 4:     0967

Additional Hang Signature 5:     09675b5d8f587c9fd57b85cb72e629da

Additional Hang Signature 6:     2cff

Additional Hang Signature 7:     2cff32d5db809ac6ce8170a1d7ac1eb0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resolved the problem with setting up Cold Fusion 11 instances. I had to turn off Windows Server 2008 R2 UAC for all users in order to complete the installation with IIS as the web server. This also resolved the problem with separate instances not getting created for each web site. Finally, it also resolved the problem with being unable to uninstall Cold Fusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alright, I got my instances running and each with its own windows service. Plus I do not get the white page of death, and I did not have to manually edit config files in order to make this work.

When cf instances are created, it creates a duplicate copy of the cfusion folder for itself. and so within itself there is also a runtime/bin folder which contains the WSCONFIG tool. So instead of creating cf connectors for my IIS sites using the main cfusion WSCONFIG tool I had to use each tool within each instance. Many of you probably already knew that.

It was recommended by Anit Kumar to enable the embedded server so that port 8500 is occupied before creating the instances so that the newly created instances do not automatically pick up port 8500.

Thanks to Anit who helped every step of the way and who got my server setup correctly.

For anyone doing a clean install on windows server make sure to run the installer with administrator rights. Plus make sure that your cf install folder has the appropriate permissions. I initially gave everyone full controll of my install folder then after it was setup and working I started to follow the permissions recommedations from Peter's CF 11 Lockdown Guide. http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/coldfusion/pdfs/cf11/cf11-lockdown-guide.pdf

Adobe CF, could you guys add some tips and simple how to instructions to the instance manager page in the cf adminstrator? It should be know that instances have their own WSCONFIG tool and should be used for the intended sites. Also, I think additional instances should start with port 8501, 8500 should be left alone for the embedded server option. This could avoid setup issues. Oooh, also if possible in the instance manager add another action button that opens up its own WSCONFIG tool. Action can be called "Add a website".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation