• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External SWF slow on iOS device.

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I would like some advice for loading external SWF on iOS devices because it is very slow, and also sometime when I load external SWF there is always message 'Uncompiled ActionScript' showing. Please tell me how to avoid this msg.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple don't allow just in time compilation of any code. So all swf's must be preccompiled. You need to add your swf's to app package and publish. Also use AppStore target for best performance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. Actually my external SWF has already compiled and store in the storage server ready for user to download. My app is kind of selling SWF content so it mean that the number of External SWF will increase each time user download. Adding swf to app package seem to be too static.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not Adobe Air limitations. This also affect on any software. Android don't have such issues.

In your case - you can use external assest but only if you link external files as I said above. Adobe Air during compilation will rip source code from SWF and embed it to the app. Your server files can be used for app. Read this more details http://blogs.adobe.com/airodynamics/2013/03/08/external-hosting-of-secondary-swfs-for-air-apps-on-io...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much Anton Azarov for bearing with me. Can you provide me an example of what you said about pre compiled? And again thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines