2 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2007 2:00 AM by Newsgroup_User

Flash 8 - Remove warning text from Stage.fullscreen

Level 7
      Hi there,

Is it possible in flash 8 to remove or manipulate da warning text from flash
      9 Stage.fullscreen?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Flash 8 - Remove warning text from Stage.fullscreen
          peterent Level 2
          I'm pretty sure you cannot remove it. We had a number of discussions around the security issues involving full screen. Without the warning someone could write a mock login screen and snag passwords so we wanted to make sure everyone knew that they were in fact, going into full screen mode. I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if the warning were removable.
          • 2. Re: Flash 8 - Remove warning text from Stage.fullscreen
            Level 7

Hi Peter. Thanks for the response.

Ok, graphically it sucks, but I must admit that the issue you razed is
            really important.

Still, it would be nice to have a way to apply a personal string. My goal is
            to reach the many languages used on my websites. It looks like the flash
            player only launches the warning according to the player and language.

Here goes an example:

ADOBE FLASH - Generic label. Fits any language and provides
            identification.

"Personal string" - Personal setting. Provide info for user to
            understand how to deal with fullscreen. Here you can apply any language.

Best regards

> I'm pretty sure you cannot remove it. We had a number of discussions
            > around the
            > security issues involving full screen. Without the warning someone could
            > write
            > a mock login screen and snag passwords so we wanted to make sure everyone
            > knew
            > that they were in fact, going into full screen mode. I could be wrong, but
            > I
            > would be surprised if the warning were removable.
            >