7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2014 7:29 PM by kglad

Adobe Add-On File Locations

EJToll Level 1

Running Windows 8.1 Pro.

In which folder can I find Adobe Add-On files in Windows 8. I've tried searching by extension name or using Extension Manager, but cannot find any logical location where the files are located. I found several in a folder under Creative Cloud Files, but only five out of 30.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Adobe Add-On File Locations
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

what do you mean by 'add-on' files and are these related to a particular adobe app?

• 2. Re: Adobe Add-On File Locations
            EJToll Level 1

Thank you for responding.

I'm referring to the add-on and extension files that are downloaded from the Adobe Add-On website. They used to be called "Plug-Ins." I have one that is corrupted, and want to delete the file -- also I like to know where programs store items they download.

I wish there were a comprehensive index of which folders hold files that are not contained within the Program Files and Program Files (86) folders.

I've tried searching App Data and its three subfolders Local, Low, and Roaming with no luck.

• 3. Re: Adobe Add-On File Locations

do you mean adobe extensions?

if so, Adobe - Exchange : Download the Adobe Extension Manager and Extension Manager Help | Manage extensions

if not, perhaps some else will know what you mean.

• 4. Re: Adobe Add-On File Locations
                EJToll Level 1

Thank you for quickly responding.

Yes I mean "Adobe Extensions" that are downloaded from the "Adobe Add-Ons" site at Adobe.com and then used with the Creative Cloud programs.

Where are the files placed on my computer when they are downloaded?

I need to find the files. In what folder are they placed?

• 5. Re: Adobe Add-On File Locations

that's a browser setting.

set your browser to prompt you for the save file location each time you download a file.

• 6. Re: Adobe Add-On File Locations
                    EJToll Level 1

Thank you again for your response. We're not communicating well.

I am downloading from Adobe.com, Creative Cloud login, Adobe Exchange, Creative Cloud Extensions.

When you select a file to download from this site, it does not use the browser download feature. My browser, Internet Explorer 11 is set to ask for a download location by default.

For some reason, when downloading from Adobe.com, it does not use the download manager in the browser. If you click download, it tells you that you have "acquired" the extension, and you can see the extension in both Extension Manager CC 2014 and the "Manage My Add-Ons" page in your Adobe Creative Cloud profile.

The question is where is Adobe.com Add-ons putting the Extension files on my computer when it says I "acquired" the extension?

• 7. Re: Adobe Add-On File Locations

after it says 'acquired' > click 'where to find it' > under 'trouble installing your add-on', click 'download/install another way' > click 'download add-on' and note the location where your browser saves the extension.