Did the crash occur in the previous version of Flash Player (188.8.131.52), or did it begin after upgrading to the latest version, 184.108.40.206?
Please file a bug at https://bugbase.adobe.com, including the Firefox crash log file. To obtain the Firefox crash log file, do the following:
- Launch Firefox
- Navigate to Tools > Options > Advanced > Data Choices
- In the Crash Reporter section, make sure Enable Crash Reporter check-box is selected. If not, select it and click OK
- The next time the crash occurs, type about:crashes in the address field
- A list of crashes will display
- Click on the link that corresponds with the time of the crash. When the contents display, verify that it is for the same crash. Include the link to the crash log file in the bug record.
Please use the following metadata when filing the bug:
- Product: Adobe Flash Player
- Version: 14.0
- Product Area: Video
- Description: Detailed description of the error, including steps to reporudce
- Test Configuration: Operating System version, Browser version, Flash Player version
- Please attach the Firefox Crash Log file.
The problem is NOT just with Firefox or i would just use IE11 on my Windows 8.1 desktop. The player crashes on Every Browser,it IS an Adobe issue it however is NOT a Browser issue, so the essential answer is there is NO solution until the kingdom of Adobe gets around to fixing it or not, unless you know of another Program that will take the place of the Flash Player.
Please stop hijacking other peoples' topics, or I will have you banned from these forums!