1 2 Previous Next 40 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2014 8:49 AM by adobenewbie123

Adobe Premiere and Windows 8

adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hi,

I am currently using Adobe Premiere Elements 10 and just purchased a new laptop today. However I just realized this laptop has windows 8 and the Elements 10 installation disk is for Windows 7.  Is there any way I can still install it on the new computer?

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Does the installer refuse to run... what error message do you see when you try?

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
            A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

Just install Premiere Elements 10 from its installation disc (Disc 2 of 5) marked for "To Install for Windows 7 64 bit. Start with Disc 2). That disc can be used for Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit as well.

There should be no changes under the Premiere Elements 10 desktop icon's Properties/Compatibility Tab. After you install the program via Disc 2 of 5, use Disc 4 of 5 to install the program's Content.

Just keep away from any computer that uses a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card. That is a specific Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce issue.

I have Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 8.1, and all went well with what you are now trying to do.

Your installed Premiere Elements 10 will be a 64 bit application on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit computer.

Any questions, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
              A.T. Romano Level 7

John

adobenewbie123 does not have a problem. There is just hesitancy to use the purchased Premiere Elements 10 installation disc on Window 8 64 bit because of the Windows 7 marking on the installation disc which was created before the existence of Windows 8 or 8.1.

adobenewbie123 should have no problems installing Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 8 64 bit (with no compatibility adjusts) as a good performing 64 bit application. I have been there and done that.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                adobenewbie123 Level 1

Thanks  ATR !  That is great news .  Kudos to Adobe for having their older versions still compatible with the newer Windows. (or maybe the Kudos should go to Microsoft?)

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

If you ever decide to go from Windows 8 to 8.1, I will share some of my Windows 8 to 8.1 stories with you.

I did that 8.1 update on day 1 of the release of Windows 8.1, so little insider information was available at that time. Now, plenty.

My greatest hang up at the time was dealing with what seemed to be a Microsoft forcing of a Microsoft User Account

instead of letting you use a Local Account with Administrative Privileges.

Premiere Elements 10 went from Windows 7 64 bit to Windows 8 64 bit to now Windows 8.1 64 bit without a blink using the

same installation disc in each case.

ATR

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                    adobenewbie123 Level 1

Okay I do have a problem. This is very strange.  I still have not isntalled the installation disk yet on my new computer, which is still charging up for the first time.  In the meantime, my plan was to go into Premiere in my older computer and archive my projects.  I was just in there a couple days ago and everything was normal.  Today, when I start up premiere, I am getting this strange window that I have never seen before. It is a licensing agreement I am supposed to accept for Elements 10 Organizer.  No biggie right, just clikc accept.  But each time I do that the window disappears and then reappears with the same message. I am in this never ending loop which means I can't seem to access my projects.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I am including a screenshot of the window so you can see what it looks like.

elements 10 orgaizer contract.png

• 7. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

What was the scenario of clicks to get the Elements Organizer Licensing dialog?

In Windows 7 64 bit....let us delete the Elements Organizer settings file...

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and in the Organizer Folder is the psa.prf file that you disable by renaming specifically from psa.prf to psa.prfOLD.

Close out of there and try to open the Elements Organizer and not getting the Licensing Agreement message or getting one that you

can dispose of with the Accept click.

We will be watching for the results.

ATR

• 8. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                        adobenewbie123 Level 1

All I was doing was clicking on the elements icon on my desk top and from there I typically click on "open" to get to my project.  (or "new" to start a new one. )  Having this dialog box come up instead  is brand new and the same thing happens if I launch the program from my start menu.  (goes staright to dialog box)  I will follow your instructions above and let you know how I made out.

Thanks!!!

• 9. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

We could also go after the Premiere Elements settings file, but since the Licensing Agreement mentions Elements Organizer, I thought we would go with that first.

For Premiere Elements 10 settings file

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 10.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 10.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited. Same as for the Elements Organizer setting file path cited in the prior post.

ATR

• 10. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

Idea?

Premiere Elements 10 Windows 7 64 bit side of things.....

1. Go to Program Data/Adobe/Elements Organizer/Catalogs

2. In the Catalogs Folder, find and copy the whole Folder for the name of your current catalog (the one you want to use in Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 8 64 bit).

3.Paste the copy to a USB Flash Drive.

Premiere Elements 10 Windows 8 64 bit side of things....

4. Install Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 8 64 bit.

5. Navigate to the same location as in Premiere Elements 10 Windows 7 64 bit, and get your catalog folder from the USB Flash Drive into the Catalogs Folder in the path Program Data/Adobe/Elements Organizer/Catalogs.

That should work. I will give it a try later.

ATR

• 11. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

I just road tested the idea in posted numbered 10, and it works great.

In Elements Organizer 10 of Windows 8 64 bit, after the placement of the Windows 7 64 bit Elements Organizer 10 catalog there as described previously, open the Elements Organizer 10 in Windows 8 64 bit, go to File Menu/Catalog/Catalog Manager and select the Windows 7 64 bit Elements Organizer 10 catalog and make it your current catalog.

ATR

• 12. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey ATR,

Thanks so much for the alternative but I  was really hoping to  attempt your first solution so I have the ability to work off both computers.  Here is where i am getting stuck. On the path...

AppData..  Roaming....Adobe....PremiereElements....10,  I can't seem to find Elements Organizer.  .  I am showing hidden folders in my control panel settings.

I am attaching a screenshot so you can see a visual:

appdata-path.png

• 13. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

You have the right place, but there should be one Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file there.

Something went dramatically out of sorts there. Delete the whole 10.0 Folder in which you find the Adobe Premiere Elements

Prefs file et al.

That area here looks like

adobenewbie.jpg

It will be interesting to find out what happened to cause that. We may have to settle for fixing it rather than getting the reason why?

ATR

• 14. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                    adobenewbie123 Level 1

Okay the situation is getting weirder. It is telling me I can not delete the folder because it is already in use with another program. Premiere was not even open but still, I rebooted my computer and tried again.  Still not allowing me to delete the 10.0 folder. I took a screenshot so you can see what I am seeing.

Thanks for your help!

cant-delete.png

• 15. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                      adobenewbie123 Level 1

Okay a quick update.  I ran task manager and found a process with Elements in the title which I killed. I was then able to successfully delete the entire 10.0 folder.  It is now empty but I am still getting the same screen when I launch Elements  with the licensing agreement which I can't "okay" out of: (

• 16. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                        adobenewbie123 Level 1

Regarding the catalog option, not sure if my folder structure is matching up.  You had written:

Premiere Elements 10 Windows 7 64 bit side of things.....

1. Go to Program Data/Adobe/Elements Organizer/Catalogs

2. In the Catalogs Folder, find and copy the whole Folder for the name of your current catalog (the one you want to use in Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 8 64 bit).

When i navigate to the catalog folder, the only thing I see is "my folder" and within that, I see the following structure:

mycatalog.png

• 17. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

Referring to screenshot in post 15.

If your screenshot in post number 15 reflects your current situation and you have not already, then restart the computer, and then continue.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 18. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

Referring to screenshot in post 16.

You have arrived to the folder that you want to copy. It is named "My Catalog"

Based on what you present, your Windows 7 64 bit Premiere Elements 10 catalog is named "My Catalog". You want to copy the whole "My Catalog" Folder which contains the Breeze Data Folder and all the other folders and files below it there in the content that you show for the "My Catalog" Folder..

Please let me know if you are OK on that.

Thanks.

ATR

• 19. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                              adobenewbie123 Level 1

I rebooted and still get stuck in the same loop.  However one interesting thing to note. The 10.0 folder was completely empty before the reboot but after, there is now a file in there called CAheadlesspluginloading.log. 

• 20. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                                adobenewbie123 Level 1

Glad the folder structure is matching up correctly.  I guess what is confusing me is that it would also need all of the root  video clips from my project which I do not see in this folder.

• 21. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                                  adobenewbie123 Level 1

Here is what is inside the headless plugin log:

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\CAHeadless\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterAVI.prm

The registry tells us not to cache so the plugin will be loaded from disk.

Loading from disk...

This plugin was recognized by loader ba1058cd-0007-44e4-bf1a-0ef51307b979.

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\CAHeadless\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterBarsAndTone.prm

The registry tells us to cache so the plugin will be loaded from the cache.

Loading from the registry...

The plugin has a PiPL.

The plugin was successfully loaded from the registry.

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\CAHeadless\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterBlackMatte.prm

The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\CAHeadless\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterColorMatte.prm

The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\CAHeadless\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterDirectShow.prm

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\CAHeadless\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterFlash.prm

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\CAHeadless\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterJPEG.prm

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\CAHeadless\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterMp3.prm

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\CAHeadless\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterMPEG.prm

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\CAHeadless\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterMultiStill.prm

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\CAHeadless\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterPhotoshopProxy.prm

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\CAHeadless\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterPNG.prm

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\CAHeadless\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterPSA.prm

Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\CAHeadless\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterQuickTime.prm

Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\CAHeadless\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterTarga.prm

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\CAHeadless\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterTiff.prm

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\CAHeadless\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterWave.prm

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\CAHeadless\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterWindowsMedia.prm

Loading from disk...

• 22. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

Go back and delete again the whole 10.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Restart the computer.

Then try to reopen Premiere Elements 10 to its Timeline workspace. Then look again in the 10.0 Folder to see what is there. Is there another Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file there taking the place of the one that you deleted? There should be.

ATR

• 23. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                                      adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey ATR,

I followed the above steps and the caheadlessplugin-loading.log came back after I launched adobe again.  Question, does it make sense for me to delete the caheadlessplugin folder which is also located in that appdata- roaming path under ADOBE?  (see screenshots below)  Inside that fodler, there is a 10.0 folder as well and inside that 10.0 folder is something called a Trace Database.txt file.

headless-folder.png

• 24. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                                        adobenewbie123 Level 1

Not  sure if this even relates but this is an article I found when I googled CAheadless:

http://barbarabrundage.com/2013/10/31/the-elements-12-auto-analyzer-adobes-evil-undead/

• 25. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

We are not together on this yet. Why are you involved with the CAHeadless Folder? I have been targeting the Premiere Elements Folder which contains a 10.0 Folder which contains the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

newbie123.JPG

Do you find a 10.0 Folder in the Premiere Elements Folder? If so, do you find an Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file in it? If so, delete the whole 10.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Is the problem gone or do you have new problem after that?

If so, then it is time for

a. deactivation Help Menu/Deactivate (if you can get into a project) - otherwise skip this step

b. uninstall (Control Panel/Programs route)

c. free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)

https://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

d. reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

Leave the CAHeadless Folder as is. Do not delete it. Focus Premiere Elements Folder in the Adobe Folder. (Please refer to screenshot in post numbered 13).

Thanks.

ATR

• 26. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                                            adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey ATR,

The reason why I brought up the headessfolder is that inside the 10.0 folder (appdata-roaming-adobe-premiereelements-10.0)that is supposed to contain all the elements preferences, ever since I deleted those contents, the only thing that comes up is that headless file called  CAheadlesspluginloading.log

And if i delete and reboot  to open up adobe premiere, it will keep  popping back up.  But there are no preference files in there anymore. Curious if you feel this is relevant now that I explained further. I  can send a screenshot of the path if you think that would  help. Same 10.0 folder from the original conversation but now with this headless file that keeps coming back . (with nothing else included. )

• 27. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

After you delete the Windows 7 64 bit Premiere Elements 10's  10.0 Folder that contains the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, a new Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file is generated by the program AFTER you open Premiere Elements 10.0 again. If you have been there and done that and you are not finding the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file in the 10.0 Folder, then it is time for uninstall/ccleaner/reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

ATR

• 28. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                                                adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey ATR,

Yes, I have followed those steps and a new Premiere Elements pref file is NOT getting generated after I open premeire elements 10 again. Instead, the only file  getting generated in that same 10.0 folder is CAheadlesspluginloading.log.   if I follow your uninstall  path,I can no do the first step and deactivate since I can not actually get to the Elements window with a top  nav.  Sounds like that is still okay to skip.  So I uninstall the program ,Got that. Then CCleaner,got that as well.  (by the way,I did run Malware Bytes earlier today but it did not help)  Then I have to reinstall. Question about that last step. Do I need to go through the installation cd's again or will windows be able to reinstall without them?  Also , can you provide path to reinstall specifically " with antivirus and firewall disabled?"

Thanks!!!

• 29. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

Please use the installation disc for the reinstall of Premiere Elements 10 with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

Please look at  - Windows 7 64 bit....

Is your antivirus program represented in the taskbar? If so, open the antivirus program and go to its Settings and uncheck the

one for "Real-time protection". Then OK out of there.

Go to Control Panel/System and Security/Windows Firewall. Look to the left column choices, and select "Turn Windows Firewall On or Off".

Click on "Turn Windows Firewall On or Off" and turn off the Firewall.

In both cases, after the reinstall, enable the antivirus and firewall via the same routes.

Please let us know if you are OK with the information.

At this time, have you any ideas as to what might have triggered that Windows 7 64 bit Premiere Elements 10 issue?

ATR

• 30. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                                                    adobenewbie123 Level 1

Thanks so much for the detailed  instructions. I will move forward with the installation.  Since I can not deactivate before uninstalling, , will Adobe think I am installing on a new system? If so, they willl think I reached my limit of 2 and I won't be able to install on the new machine  afterwards.

As far as the cause, that is a mystery because i have not been in that program since Tuesday when it was working fine. I was interacting with adobe acrobat this week by bring up pdf files but nothing related specifically to premiere.

Regardless, I really appreciate your time and advice on this issue!

• 31. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

As long as you stay on Windows 7 64 bit with this Premiere Elements 10 where it was activated, it should be looked at as one install/one activation/one computer after the Premiere Elements 10 uninstall reinstall there.

So, when you get to the new computer, the new computer will be computer 2, not 3, activation wise.

Once you get a successful install of 10 on Windows 7 64 bit, then after that you can deactivate Premiere Elements 10 there to remove it

from the count of computers with an activated copy of the one purchased serial number for Premiere Elements 10.

Please let me know if you are OK with the above details.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Shared Technologies error during program installation is always a possibility with any version of Premiere Elements on any computer. But we will hope that we do not have to deal with that. If so, I will suggest a How To...

• 32. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                                                        adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey ATR,

It took a while for me to get to the uninstall/reinstall but I finally tried tonight.  Still getting caught in the same loop of that elements organizer window and thus, I can't access the program.  At this point, I am going to unistall again and just abort  trying to transfer over my older projects so I can start using elements on my new machine.  Speaking of which, the new computer does not have a cd drive.  Can you advise on potential workarounds for installation?  For example, is it possible   to transfer  the installations files from the cd to a usb drive on a diferent computer and then install on the new computer through usb?

• 33. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

Focusing on getting Premiere Elements 10 installed on the new (Windows 8 64 bit) computer without the DVD/CD drive. Is this new computer connected to the Internet?

If so, forget about the Premiere Elements 10 installation disc, and download and install Premiere Elements 10 installation files from the following web site.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-10-direct-download-links-pse-premiere-pre.htm l

It is critical that you read and care out carefully the Note: Very Important Instructions at that web site before you click on the installation files there. Otherwise you will get an access denied message. After you get these files downloaded, during installation of them insert your purchased serial number that came with your Premiere Elements 10 installation disc. Also critical, when selecting the installation files, make sure you select the files for your computer operating system including 32 or 64 bit (there are two files, an .exe and a .7z file. You use File 1 the .exe first and then File 2 the .7z.

Alternatively, can you borrow an USB external DVD/CD burner. They are very inexpensive and will be an asset to a computer that does not have a built in DVD/CD burner drive.

I am not sure where we are heading on your other computer (Windows 7 64 bit). If all you want is the Elements Organizer 10 catalog from that computer, then please do as I had suggested originally and copy the Elements Organizer catalog from Windows 7 64 bit and paste it the the same location in the Premiere Elements 12 files on Windows 8 64 bit. See prior post details on that. More on all this once you get Premiere Elements 10 installed successfully on Windows 8 64 bit. Reflecting back on when the Premiere Elements 10 Windows 7 64 bit went from working to not working, have you had any insights into what may have triggered that?

Please review and consider and then let me know if there is anything proventing you from moving forward with the details cited above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 34. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                                                            adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey ATR,

I clicked on the link from the page you sent me.   More specifically, from the section below.  When I click on the file 1 and file 2 from the 64 bit section, I get the following page:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://trials2.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/PRE/10/win64/PremiereElements_10_LS15_win64.exe?" on this server.

Reference #18.1cec3e17.1407086187.19e53d71

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 (PRE 10) Direct Download Links

Premiere Elements now comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions…  64-bit offers higher performance but choose the 32-bit flavor if you’re unsure what your Windows system is.

Premiere Elements 10 – Windows 32-bit (1.4 GB):   File 1   File 2

Premiere Elements 10 – Windows 64-bit (1.5 GB):   File 1   File 2

Premiere Elements 10 – Additional Content – Windows (3.0 GB):   File 1   File 2

Premiere Elements 10 – Mac (1.8 GB):   File 1

Premiere Elements 10 – Additional Content – Mac (3.2 GB):   File 1

• 35. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

The Access Denied is because you need to read the web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" and carry them out to the letter.

Did you find and read the "Note: Very Important Instructions" on that web site? Is so, then we need to go step by step through what you did to determine where you went off the path.

Note that Very Important Instructions 1 said Click «HERE» to visit this page first, before clicking any of the links below – this is critical!

Did you do just that?

If you are getting hang up here, you may be forced to copy the Premiere Elements 10 installation files from the installation disc in the first computer and put them on a USB Flash Drive for transfer to the second computer.

1. Insert the Adobe Premiere Elements 10 installation disc in the DVD/CD burner tray of Windows 7 64 bit. Open it to get a the

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 - 64 bit Folder. Copy that whole folder to the USB Flash Drive with at least a 2 GB capacity.

2. In the new computer, open the Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Folder and install Premiere Elements 10 using the setup.exe file that is found inside this folder.

We will be watching for the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 36. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                                                                adobenewbie123 Level 1

Mission accomplished!!  Successfully installed Elements 10 on the new machine and can access my  original  project by following steps above.  By the way, I can't get over how much clearer and vivid my project looks on the newer computer. I guess that relates mostly to a better graphics card?  I am assuming the overall quality of the blu-ray burn would not change by switching computers after viewing a disk  in a blu-ray player.  (I am going to do a test run on a burn tonight from the new machine)

As always, thanks so much for your time and patience!

• 37. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

"Mission accomplished!!" sounded real great. Congratulations with your success with the new computer. Good job.

Are you all settled with the Elements Organizer 10 from the old computer? Are you going to establish a new catalog for Elements Organizer 12 on Windows 8 64 bit or do a catalog transfer from one computer to another?

Any advances on dealing with the troubleshooting for Premiere Elements 10 on the old computer Windows 7 64 bit? Are you going to ever use version 10 again  on that computer? If not, we will need to get the Premiere Elements 10 purchased serial number deactivated from that computer. But, that is going to have to be done by Adobe via its Adobe Chat. More information on that as needed.

ATR

• 38. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                                                                    adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey ATR,

I will no longer be using premiere on the windows 7 computer.  The only issue was carrying over my old er projects which I was able to do. Can you elaborate on how I can deactivate being that the software has been uninstalled and even if I reinstalled, we  know that I am not going to be able to access due to that Elements organizer window.

• 39. Re: Adobe Premiere and Windows 8
                                                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

Thanks for the follow ups.

You need to reinstall Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 64 bit so that you can open it, go to Help Menu/Deactivate and Deactivate.

Then leave it that way. Or uninstall the deactivated program via the computer's Control Panel/Programs. If you cannot install Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 64 bit and/or open it to get to the Help Menu/Deactivate, then Adobe is the only one to help you.

I say help in the following sense. Adobe allows the purchased serial number for a given version on no more than 2 of your computers. Right now you have that purchased serial number "Activated" on two of your computer:

Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 64 bit

Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 8 64 bit

So, you are OK for now. But, if you ever want to put that Premiere Elements 10 serial number on a 3rd computer, you will not be able to do that.

Although Adobe supports only purchased/registered/current version, it will take care of that situation of removing the Premiere Elements 10 Windows 7 64 bit activation from your "count of no more than 2". Again, remember Deactivation is not the same as Uninstall.

Contact Customer Care

At the moment the above link has an available Chat panel. That Chat Panel keeps coming and going due to Chat updating. Look for the Chat Panel choice. If you get only Ask the Community, try the link at a later time.

If the link does not hold to the page that I set, you will need to navigate to Chat panel using the following topics as guidelines.

Premiere Elements

Adobe ID and Signing In

Adobe ID, Sign In, and Account Help

Any questions or need clarification, please let me know.

Thanks.

ATR

1 2 Previous Next