3 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2007 10:56 AM by Chuck1411

Now() Time Issue

bfinelsen
      I am have a perplexing issue and cannot seem to find any discussion on the internet about it. I have a simple field that is populated via the Now() command. However, it is exactly 4 hours ahead of my system time. Does anyone know how to resolve this?
        • 1. Re: Now() Time Issue
          Level 7
          bfinelsen wrote:
          > I am have a perplexing issue and cannot seem to find any discussion on the
          > internet about it. I have a simple field that is populated via the Now()
          > command. However, it is exactly 4 hours ahead of my system time. Does anyone
          > know how to resolve this?

check the cf server's timezone (tz).

• 2. Re: Now() Time Issue
            bfinelsen Level 1
            It turns out that in CFMX 6.1 and later, the CF Server uses the timezone information from the JRE, so by updating my old version of 1.4.2_9 to 1.4.2_14, it works fine. Thanks for the suggestion though!
            • 3. Re: Now() Time Issue
              Chuck1411 Level 1
              I'm having this issue too. My only thought is to set a variable in the application.cfc to REQUEST.now = now() + 2 hours (of course this would have to be set via whatever timezone the client is in) and use that variable wherever I use the now() function.

Is there a way to check client time reference, or the next best thing, setting it to wherever the business location timezone is.