3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2014 2:31 PM by Henry Code

Is Edge animate supported in iPhone and ipad ios7?

Henry Code Level 1

Does anybody have a fix for the iPhone and ipad crashing when zooming or rotating screen?

Is this  program for desktop because works fine in my mac (mavericks) when I publish.

not with ipad or iphone it crashes. This is the second project this happens with. Edge is still killer

but what's the point if I can't reach my entire audience.

used safari and chrome, latest version for ios 7.1 to test .

• 1. Re: Is Edge animate supported in iPhone and ipad ios7?
          Preran Adobe Employee

Hi Henry Code

Copying from the FAQ doc Edge Animate FAQ

Has the output from Edge Animate CC proven to perform well on devices and desktop browsers?

Yes, the animated content created with Edge Animate CC is designed and tested to work reliably on iOS(iPhone and iPad) and most Android devices. The stage uses WebKit, which means animated content is created on a true browser surface for consistency on WebKit-enabled devices. Also, content produced withEdge Animate CC has been tested on popular desktop browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and InternetExplorer 9. For older, non-HTML5 browsers such as Internet Explorer 6, 7, and 8, Edge Animate CC has a down-level stage to create fallback versions of your projects.

Performance of animations are based on a number of factors, so it is possible to create content with less than optimal performance.

Thanks,

Preran

• 2. Re: Is Edge animate supported in iPhone and ipad ios7?
            Henry Code Level 1

My concern is that several sites I've developed in AEA seam to crash ( especialy in iPad ) iPhone does too, but takes more zooming and rotating. So I will test memory to see if the size has its limits of what iOS can process by building a simple site .

The site publishes perfect in safari, and interacts as expected. The problem lies in "iOS" looks great , when I zoom to see something though it crashes. This effect happens in several works i designed. I like EDGE animate

it's kool and easy . I been here trying since beta. This (crashing) and fuzzy text in responsive scaling are my only problems . 

TY for your reply...

Need a solution ...

I run mac most current osx 10.9.4 (perfect)

Iphone 5s most current 7.1.2 (works fine can zoom , rotate , navigate but crashes unexpectedly)

also iPad air iOS 7.1.2  (this really crashes won't even load all the way) safari, chrome actually loads gives you little time before crash

...TY

Performance of animations are based on a number of factors, so it is possible to create content with less than optimal performance.

• 3. Re: Is Edge animate supported in iPhone and ipad ios7?
              Henry Code Level 1

I've been testing the crashing that goes on in IOS7

on IPads and iPhones...

1) I made a simple edge project with just text no animation.

It worked on mac perfect, IPhone perfect, iPad perfect.  I was able to zoom in /out and rotate heavily with no problems.

2) I then added two svg files bout 19kb each...I published it and was able to also zoom in /out and rotate heavily also

3) Then I added simple animation to the svg's( size and location transform ) still no problems in any browsers.

4) I then added a looped symbol and published that . SORRY BAD NEWS...errors shutdown the browser. (except desktop mac) IPHONE and iPad didn't work.

I went back removed the looped symbol by using simple undo , I resaved the file in the *3rd state...now it also crashes.

Seems once you get to the point where you created an error by mistake or by overloading the memory in iPhones and iPads the files damaged.

So do you know the size limits to each device?