8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2014 8:54 AM by A.T. Romano

.mts file video won't play in Elements 10 Monitor Panel

AnnieMaca

Hi All

I am having trouble with .mts files.  I have Premier Elements 10 on Win7 pc, and I have just, for the first time, opened .mts video files which were taken on my Lumix FZ150.  When I drag the scenes onto the timeline then try to preview them I can hear the audio but the video in the Monitor Panel doesn't move, it doesn't play.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

• 1. Re: .mts file video won't play in Elements 10 Monitor Panel
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jgjgjfjf

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on? And, does your computer use a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card?

IMPORTANT. Please read the Announcement at the top of this forum regarding the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce issue. That Announcement describes the problem and gives detailed information on how to deal with the situation.

Do you have problems getting a video display in the Edit area monitor for still and videos from other sources?

Also of importance in directing the troubleshooting are the properties of the Panasonic Lumix FZ150 video file that you are importing and the project preset that you are selecting to match the properties of that video. From what I have read of your camera, you could have MPEG-4, AVCHD, or MotionJPEG video compression. But, with that .mts file extension, that would suggest that your camera is set to record AVCHD. Is that correct?  Are you sure of the file extension and video compression for the file?

The answers to all of the above will point us to the solution to your issue.

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: .mts file video won't play in Elements 10 Monitor Panel
            AnnieMaca Level 1

Hi ATR

Thanks for responding.  Bad news is I am running and NVidia GeForce Video Card.  To be honest it's a card I am not impressed with, nothing but trouble from day 1.  do you happen to know if the latest version of Premiere Elements, which I think is 12, has the same problem with NVidia cards.

I see and upgrade of software as a permanent solution perhaps.

My Camera is on AVCHD, and my operating system is Win 7 64 bit pc. 

What would be your advice?

• 3. Re: .mts file video won't play in Elements 10 Monitor Panel
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jgjgjfjf

Thanks for the reply.

You should be able to roll back your NVIDIA GeForce driver version to about May 2013 to get Premiere Elements 10 to work for you. This Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA issue is specific to Premiere Elements 10. There are no reports that I have seen in the many to indicate otherwise. So Premiere Elements 12/12.1 (current version) would be expected to work on a computer with a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card (latest version of card's driver) without problem. You can prove that for your specific computer environment by downloading and installing the free 30 day tryout of version 12 from Adobe.

Before you make any purchase of version 12, be aware that Adobe (if history repeats itself) should be releasing a new version in about a month or so.

If I were not involved with computer games, I would probably roll back the NVIDIA GeForce driver version to about May 2013 to get Premiere Elements 10 working and existing projects completed there. And, then decide what next from the point of view of technology and budget.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: .mts file video won't play in Elements 10 Monitor Panel
                AnnieMaca Level 1

Hi ATR

Good advice, may be I will try the free download to see what happens.  This was to be the first video I'd done on the new camera so nothing will be lost.  I will keep you posted.

I have one other quick cheeky question if you don't mind, do you know how  I can change my screen name in my profile.  When I set up my account I got frustrated trying to find an available name, hit enter and now I'm stuck with the random letter name.

Thanks for everything will keep you posted.

• 5. Re: .mts file video won't play in Elements 10 Monitor Panel
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

jgjgjfjf

Thanks for the reply.

I am not that great at Adobe Form web site features.

But, here is one possibility for changing your screen name. If it does not work, then it might be a good idea to ask that question in the Adobe Comments Forum

Forum comments

If you want to give this a try for changing your screen name...

1. Double click your current screen name anywhere in your thread to bring up your Profile.

2. Look to the top right of the page that opens - to the first icon on that top right.

3. Click on the icon to get a list of options. In those options, select Edit Communities Profile and then Your Profile.

I am not sure if your screen name there can be changed at that point. Highlight the present text that shows jgjgjfjf and see if you can replace it

with your current choice.

Please let us know the outcome when your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: .mts file video won't play in Elements 10 Monitor Panel
                    AnnieMaca Level 1

HI ATR

Tried to change name but to no avail.  I highlights the screen name but won't let me type over it.  I have now posted it as new question in the Adobe Forum.

Will keep you posted.

• 7. Re: .mts file video won't play in Elements 10 Monitor Panel
                      AnnieMaca Level 1

Hi ATR

Have just had a reply to the screen name change question.  I was sent a link which took me into my Adobe Account information on the main Adobe site.  The screen name can be changed there.  Easy when you know how eh

• 8. Re: .mts file video won't play in Elements 10 Monitor Panel
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

AnnieMaca

Thanks for the how to for the screen name change.

The information will be welcomed by all those in a similar situation. Great contribution.

ATR