6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2014 2:36 PM by graphicventures

resubmitting InDesign book file question

graphicventures Level 1

I am working in CS5.5

I am trying to create an InDesign book file and I am having some difficulty getting it to do what it is supposed to do.

I originally had all the information in one document. I just broke that document into separate files—1 per chapter so that each chapter will start on a new page when I ultimately export to an epub.  I then created an InDesign BOOK file but it is not working the way all the source material says it should. Every chapter I bring in, starts with page 1 in the book file (instead of continuing). No matter what I have tried, I cannot get the numbering to flow continuously thru the book.

I have read/watched all the information about pagination for a book file and I have set it up so that page numbering "continues from previous document". This is not working.

That would not be a big issue, since my e-book will not have numbers, but when I save this book file as an ePub, only one chapter (whichever is the style source) converts—not the entire book with multiple chapters. But I believe that issue will be solved anyway, when the Book file issue is resolved.

Can someone help me figure out what is going wrong with the page numbering in the book file?