6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2014 6:07 AM by BKKDon

SONY RX100M3 LIGHTROOM 5.5 LENS PROFILE

wjlee213

Hello team, does anyone know how to obtain the Sony RX100M3 lens profile for Lightroom 5.5? I have been scouring the Internet for a solution but have not been able to find anything yet. There must be a way - would really appreciate your help with this! Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: SONY RX100M3 LIGHTROOM 5.5 LENS PROFILE
          BKKDon Level 4

Hi,

There is no separate lens profile, the default profile corrections are applied in the camera profile (Sony DSC-RX100M3 Adobe Standard.dcp)

New camera specific profiles and corrections to ISO125 processing are coming in Lightroom 5.6, they are currently there in the ACR v8.6 RC.

I believe that the raw file actually contains a built-in lens profile for correcting distortion and CA's, I think this is automatically applied in ACR.

• 2. Re: SONY RX100M3 LIGHTROOM 5.5 LENS PROFILE
            wjlee213 Level 1

Thanks very much!

• 3. Re: SONY RX100M3 LIGHTROOM 5.5 LENS PROFILE
              RogerKing

Hi there... Is this verified?  I believed that camera profiles were simply colour profiles that allowed development of the RAW files.  I have not been able to find information anywhere that suggests that the profile contains an automatic lens correction.  There wasn't one for the RX100 or m2.  I created ones for it using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator and it seems to work fine.  I use Autopana to make panoramas and stretching the output from Lightroom without an additional lens profile for any RX100 proves very difficult which suggests there is still significant distortion.  After correction using my created profile they stitch fine, though this may be a fluke.

Not sure if I can upload lens profiles here, but I would be happy to share both the RX100/RX100m2 and the RX100m3 profile.  The RX100/m2 one is available from the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader, but despite me uploading the m3 profile, it has not yet appeared on the profile list in the tool. Perhaps that *does* imply that none is needed, but it would be nice if they'd let me know...

• 4. Re: SONY RX100M3 LIGHTROOM 5.5 LENS PROFILE
                BKKDon Level 4

rogerking wrote:

Hi there... Is this verified?  I believed that camera profiles were simply colour profiles that allowed development of the RAW files.  I have not been able to find information anywhere that suggests that the profile contains an automatic lens correction.  There wasn't one for the RX100 or m2.  I created ones for it using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator and it seems to work fine.  I use Autopana to make panoramas and stretching the output from Lightroom without an additional lens profile for any RX100 proves very difficult which suggests there is still significant distortion.  After correction using my created profile they stitch fine, though this may be a fluke.

Not sure if I can upload lens profiles here, but I would be happy to share both the RX100/RX100m2 and the RX100m3 profile.  The RX100/m2 one is available from the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader, but despite me uploading the m3 profile, it has not yet appeared on the profile list in the tool. Perhaps that *does* imply that none is needed, but it would be nice if they'd let me know...

Hi,

It is totally unnecessary to have a separate lens profile as if you see my reply from Jul 28, 2014 12:48 PM the lens adjustments are included in the default profile as Sony provide the correction information in the RAW file.

To test it open the RAW file with another RAW processor that doesn't have lens correction capabilities and you will see the difference.

If you notice when you open in ACR or Lightroom where it says "Enable Profile Corrections" it says "Default" as it is supplied by Sony and it is not a removable lens camera.

The corrections are applied no matter what.

• 5. Re: SONY RX100M3 LIGHTROOM 5.5 LENS PROFILE
                  RogerKing Level 1

BKKDon

OK, thanks.  Was this only introduced for the m3? I will download another RAW processor and take a look.  Thanks again.

Regards

Roger

• 6. Re: SONY RX100M3 LIGHTROOM 5.5 LENS PROFILE
                    BKKDon Level 4

RogerKing wrote:

OK, thanks.  Was this only introduced for the m3? I will download another RAW processor and take a look.  Thanks again.

I am not sure as I only recently acquired the M3 and have never used the M2 or M.