You have a number of options and plenty of questions that need answering:
- Is the translated content to sit in the same RH project?
- Will you be doing the translation?
- If someone else is doing the translation, what tools will they be using.
- If they are not using RoboHelp, how easy will it be to bring that back into RH?
Try looking at the following link for some pointers. It still applies for RH11
Thanks so much for your reply. To answer your questions -
- I would prefer if I can manage the foreign language from the same project.
- Yes, I will me doing the translation.
Actually , what I am trying to figure out is, does Robohelp11 have a inbuilt translator that can translate all the content that I have written in English, to any other foreign language (any of the 36 languages that it claims to support).
OK. You will need to ensure you keep the two pieces of content sepearte. This also means haiving seperate TOC, index, search and glossary (if used). You could have all the content in the same project and use conditional build tags to filter out the content. Then you'd just need to have seperate files for the TOC, index and glossary. You could have two single source layouts - one for each language - with the required conditional build tag expression and the properties set to pick up the right TOC, index and glossary.
Depending on your output type you may also have to change things like the skin.