• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Media Server 5 - VOD RTMP Streaming Failing in Subfolders

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've setup a default install of FMS5 and can get the sample.flv file to stream with no issues.  I can take my FLVs I wish to stream and put them in the /vod/media folder and stream those.  The problem I'm having is when I create a subfolder I can no longer access the file for streaming.

The Path looks like this:

/VOD/media/subfolder/lecture1/mediafile.flv

I've tried

rtmp://domain.com/VOD/_definst_/subfolder/lecture1/mediafile.flv

rtmp://domain.com/VOD/subfolder/lecture1/mediafile.flv

Neither seem to work, I've read through several threads that seem indicate _definst_ solves this problem but I can't seem to get that to work.

Any ideas or help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Adobe Media Server 5 (not Flash Media Server 5)

2. I assume you are using SMP (OSMF) – when you stream FLV content, no need for .flv extension, so your path should be rtmp://204.61.223.xxx/vod/aaa/sample, not rtmp://204.61.223.xxx/vod/aaa/sample.flv. For mp4/f4v content, use this - rtmp://204.61.223.xxx/vod/mp4:/aaa/sample1_1500kbps.f4v.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, still can't seem to get it to stream here's what I have:

The sample.flv file is in this path:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Server 5\applications\vod\media\sample.flv

My File is:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Server 5\applications\vod\media\CPAExam\AUD.v18\MonB_020613_08\MonB_020613_08.flv

These calls work:

rtmp://lme-bisk.thomsonreuters.com/vod/_definst_/CPAExam/AUD.v18/MonB_020613_08/sample

rtmp://lme-bisk.thomsonreuters.com/vod/_definst_/CPAExam/AUD.v18/MonB_020613_08/sample.flv

rtmp://lme-bisk.thomsonreuters.com/vod/sample.flv    (basically any URL seems to find sample.flv)

Some sample calls that are not working:

rtmp://lme-bisk.thomsonreuters.com/vod/_definst_/CPAExam/AUD.v18/MonB_020613_08/MonB_020613_08.flv

rtmp://lme-bisk.thomsonreuters.com/vod/CPAExam/AUD.v18/MonB_020613_08/MonB_020613_08.flv

rtmp://lme-bisk.thomsonreuters.com/vod/_definst_/CPAExam/AUD.v18/MonB_020613_08/MonB_020613_08

rtmp://lme-bisk.thomsonreuters.com/vod/CPAExam/AUD.v18/MonB_020613_08/MonB_020613_08

I can't find any URL that will call the MonB_020613_08.flv succesfully.  I can however move that file to the vod/media folder and it works fine.  We have hundrends of videos in subfolders as indicated above so moving them all too the root media folder won't work as some filenames may repeat.

Thanks again for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might be running in a Virtual Host that is not setup correctly. The fact that sample.flv playback with any URL means you might be picking up the defaultVHost content. Give me more details of your setup, Application.xml and VHost.xml.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines