5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2014 8:19 PM by JJMack

photoshop CS6 stroke use 2 path ?

lionel234 Level 1

Hi

I draw a curves path in  photoshop using 2 direction line and 2 anchor point .

when i add a stroke  i was thinking the stroke will follow the b path line see in 1  but stroke is follow a and b path .

i was expected to have 3 case  . Is it the default behaviour ?

Howto  have stroke only on the b path not the a path ?

if i create a font type letter u  i don't want the line a  !!!

regard's

photoshop_vector_stroke.png

• 1. Re: photoshop CS6 stroke use 2 path ?
          lionel234 Level 1

if add more stroke width goes inside , adobe  close the shape

if add more stroke width goes outside  , then adobe don't close thr shape

photoshop_curve_orientation.png

• 2. Re: photoshop CS6 stroke use 2 path ?
            JJMack Most Valuable Participant

The thin gray line and control points with direction handle is Photoshop displaying the selected path.  The shape path stroke was set to inner and a dashed line style.  The closed as displayed in the Paths palette is stroked even though the actual path is not closed, Shapes are closed,  I keep writing shape for I think onlt shapes can be stroked with styled lines.  Path can be stroked with tools like pencil, brushes etc not dashed lines.

Capture.jpg

• 3. Re: photoshop CS6 stroke use 2 path ?
              lionel234 Level 1

Hi

you give  me a rather complex example for begin to understand the basic !

I wasn't aware of path tab so i ll take care  when use vector tool in photoshop CS6 .

i begin to practise a lot vector tool in PS 6 in the aim of understand  pen tool to create delete close the shape using line ( straight line and curve line ( convex convcav ) )

what is strange is that   sometime i can  change the stroke and fill of the shape that i create with pen tool but sometime no ( disable )  .

Any clue ?

thank's a lot for your help

• 4. Re: photoshop CS6 stroke use 2 path ?
                lionel234 Level 1

i understand that from the palette path i have acces to the windows that let me choose stroke path tool .

Does it mean i can change the path style using on eof the item m find in this selection tool ?

If i set brush how can i apply a specific brush along the path ? instead the default stroke i have with the  pen tool ?

regard's

• 5. Re: photoshop CS6 stroke use 2 path ?
                  JJMack Most Valuable Participant

The best way to learn Photoshop is to Play with it.  I'm sure if you play with it you will be able to answer the questions you just asked. Have fun playing...

Don't forget to try transform current path to add some rotation and action to do repetitive steps fun fun fun

Capture.jpg