• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Data

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2007 May 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inherited a system that we are using for our application help. I have been maintaining and complining the application up to now with no problems. The original author had created a Table of Contents, and Index and a Glossary. I generated new versions of the help and had no problems. However, recently as I was working I noticed I was missing the above pieces to the application. I have all my graphics and html files, just no ToC, index or glossary. The only thing I can think of that I did to the application was rename the source file. Because of version needs, I also made a copy of the application and all the associated files to create a new version to make upcoming changes. Neither version has the missing components. Would that have caused this problem? If so, can I reverse it? I can get a backup version of the app, but that is actually how I got my second version and it was missing them as well. I stand to loose a considerable amount of work. Can anyone offer insight to recovering an Index, ToC and Glossary?

RoboHelp version 5.0.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2007 May 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

I suspect you renamed the source file using Windows Explorer rather than doing it the correct way using File | Rename Project. If that is the case, then the missing files will have names that no longer match the project file and RoboHelp has lost track of them as a result.

What you need to do is put the project file name back to what it was. Then open RoboHelp and you should find you have everything back. Assuming that is the case, use File | Rename Project and you should be OK.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2007 May 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Bah!.... yes. That was it. Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp