• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topics with Two Columns, and ?s about Margins

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been searching all over and can't quite get the answers I need.  I have a robohelp project which will solely be for written documentation.  Some of the topics within this project I would like two have two columns, the left column will just have headings and the right side will have content.  I did accomplish this by making a table, however I can't remove the borders.  I also tried another way by using this, which works great but when I made printed documentation it didn't make it look like I have on my screen (printed the headings all together then the content on later pages).

#container2 {

clear: left;

float: left;

width: 100%;

overflow: hidden;

}

#container1 {

width: 100%;

position: relative;

right: 50%;

}

#col1 {

width: 50%;

}

#col2 {

width: 50%;

}

So I guess I have a few questions to try and make this project go smoothly.  Since I will only be using this project for written documentation, what would be the best way to make sure that each topic I am working on will print the way I want it to (margins, etc.)?  Is there a good way to deal with my two column issue?  Would making a style that indents the text be a good solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have answered this for myself, but I just ended up making tables that have white borders.  I would prefer a nicer way to have a two column setup but have been unable to find such a way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may also want to check out CSS columns. That will allow you to work without using tables and let the browser to take care of the rest. See: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css3_multiple_columns.asp

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp