4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2014 9:06 AM by JimHess

LR 5.5 crashes in several different scenarios... just so ya know..

RickWar

Haven't used LR in a while, but did keep up with the CC updates..  Went to use it and it crashes doing any of a number of things.  Replaced UI.DLL but that didn't help.  Recently moved from a Wacom pen tablet back to a mouse because Wacom broke.  In near future will be getting another Wacom; don't know if that would be related... Select a photo in Library, go into Develop, click on Details, and LR disappears from the screen.  Did a Help/System/System Info.. and contents of that screen jitter a bit and then LR disappears from the screen. 

• 1. Re: LR 5.5 crashes in several different scenarios... just so ya know..
          Simon G E Garrett Level 2

RickWar wrote:

Haven't used LR in a while, but did keep up with the CC updates..  Went to use it and it crashes doing any of a number of things.  Replaced UI.DLL but that didn't help.  Recently moved from a Wacom pen tablet back to a mouse because Wacom broke.  In near future will be getting another Wacom; don't know if that would be related... Select a photo in Library, go into Develop, click on Details, and LR disappears from the screen.  Did a Help/System/System Info.. and contents of that screen jitter a bit and then LR disappears from the screen.

By "Select a photo in Library, go into Develop, click on Details" do you mean click on the Details panel?  No problem for me, nor when goint to Help -> System info. 

Do you have a video driver problem?  Lightroom seems quite good at finding dodgy video drivers!

• 2. Re: LR 5.5 crashes in several different scenarios... just so ya know..
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Well, just so ya know, you're not talking to Adobe people here. This is a user forum. If you need help it would be a good idea to provide information about your system such as OS, RAM, disk space, camera used, other pertinent information about your system that might help getting some suggestions.

• 3. Re: LR 5.5 crashes in several different scenarios... just so ya know..
              RickWar Level 1

Checking on video update now for nVidia and checking on Win 7 Home Premium x64 updates also.  I tried to open LR5.4 and got same problem..used Run As Administrator.

BTW where are the Adobe forums that Adobe used to run?  Can't seem to find them, or did the interface just change and I don't recognize them?

Actually, come to think of it,  I updated my video driver in the past two weeks or so to version GeForce 337.88.

• 4. Re: LR 5.5 crashes in several different scenarios... just so ya know..
                JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is the same forum. Adobe destroyed the user interface several months ago. There aren't very many people who like this "improved update", but that's our problem.