5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2014 2:02 PM by ssprengel

I want to cancel my CC account and don't want to chat or talk to anyone about it. I just want it done.

Doobie_One Level 1

I want to cancel my CC account and don't want to chat or talk to anyone about it. I just want it done. NOW and for ever. I am fed up clicking and paging through loops, and I'm not even sure this Adobe method is legal in Canada. I was able to subscribe easily online, why should it be any more difficult to cancel it. Have I missed anything? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

• 2. Re: I want to cancel my CC account and don't want to chat or talk to anyone about it. I just want it done.
          Doobie_One Level 1

How is this supposed to address my question? Why should the method change? I subscribed online automatically and want to unsubscribe the same way. Adobe does NOT warn the customer about this, prior to the subscription process. Had they done so, I would have refused to subscribe. If you are an Adobe employee, I suggest you forward this to someone who has the authority to act upon my request.

• 3. Re: I want to cancel my CC account and don't want to chat or talk to anyone about it. I just want it done.
            ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you look under John's forum avatar it says MVP not Employee or Staff.  Adobe may need to warn you about a surcharge if you used the product for some months but are cancelling before the 12 months are up and paid for an annual subscription.  They may also want to see why you're cancelling.  I think it would be wise to chat with them.

• 4. Re: I want to cancel my CC account and don't want to chat or talk to anyone about it. I just want it done.
              Doobie_One Level 1

Hi ssprengel! I hope none of you take this the wrong way, but I am not a forum-savvy person and I have no idea what MVP stands for. To Microsoft it's their Most Valuable Professionals and to sports enthusiasts it's Most Valuable Player, but it means nothing to me. English isn't even my native tongue! So, I did not mean to hurt anyone's feeling but I wanted to be back to the point: how do I cancel my membership without phoning or chatting with a CSR (Customer Service Representative)? I am in month 12 of a yearly subscription I should have cancelled in the first 30 days.

I signed in, went to «manage plan», was presented with «Cancel Plan» as the only option and clicked it. I expected a pop-up box with perhaps the surcharge warning and an (optional) reason-for-leaving survey, but instead was instructed to phone or chat and blah blah blah, hence my participation in this forum because there is no way to escalate any demand within Adobe's system. Believe me, they should already know why I'm leaving. I have been vocal enough.

I want to take my money elsewhere, as a vote for perpetual software licenses, a vote against their rent-a-software policy. I have answered the many surveys they sent me this year and to sum up my thoughts on the matter, none of their changes have improved my experience. CC f***ed up my system and my CS6 setup the moment I installed it. I have honoured my engagement and stuck with them for the year, giving them a chance to win me over. Adobe failed miserably and I don't want to talk to them about this anymore. Every time they bully me into doing things their way, I get more aggravated and it reminds me of the arrogance of Quark that pushed me to InDesign, into the Adobe-only fold, many years ago. I have used their products since the original Photoshop and Illustrator 88 and, back then, I could get answers even from Chuck Geschke himself. Now, management is invisible, intangible, out of reach, and out of touch. I don't think I owe them anything.

I didn't write my question to talk or chat about this again. I just want a link that will let me break out of Adobe's CC jail. Thanks ssprengel, regardless, for being a good community member. I understand your position, just as I assume John meant well when he sent his link. Following the link just sent me spinning in another endless loop with no joy at the end, but it's not John's fault. Adobe designed it that way. I'll probably end up having to do as I'm told, but I hope enough people will question this and, in turn, force Adobe back to a democratic transparent process. And I wish good luck to all the good people in the Adobe Communities.

• 5. Re: I want to cancel my CC account and don't want to chat or talk to anyone about it. I just want it done.
                ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't see any other forum posts from the last year trying to get help with whatever happened with Photoshop on your computer.  Were these attempts for Adobe to make things right done outside of the forums?  Adobe Customer Support only knows what their knowledge-base tells them to say, so unless you actually got technical support engaged it doubt much would have been fixed unless it were very simple, and even then, sometimes things are so messed up on a particular computer that they can't figure it out.