What is the error message that is displaying?
Please provide the Flash Player installer log file located at \Users\<YourUserID>\Library\Logs\FlashPlayerInstallManager.log. You can use the instructions at The specified item was not found. to upload the file.
The user's Library folder may be hidden, if so, open Finder, in the Finder toolbar, click Go. Mouse-over the Go menu and click the alt/option key to display the Library folder. Click Library to open the Library folder. Navigate to the Logs folder and you should see the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file.
thanks so much. Here's the link with the log and the screenshot. I had uninstalled Flash some days ago as it was recommended. This is what happens when I'm trying to install the v. 14.
Thanks a lot!
Thank you for providing the screenshot and Flash Player install log file. Can you provide the Flash Player related content from the /private/var/log/install.log file?
- Open the Console app, from /Applications/Utilities/Console
- In the left pane, locate install.log inside /var/log (you may need to expand /var/log).
- Click Insert Marker to insert a temporary marker at the end of the file
- Run the Flash Player installer and proceed with the installation. When the error is returned, click Done to close the window.
- Select everything from the Marker to the end of the file and copy/paste it into a text file (/Applications/TextEdit.app)
- Upload the text file to the same location as your other files.
Thank you in advance.
Thank you for the file. Please do the following:
- In the Finder menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder
- In the box that opens paste the text: /System/Library/CoreServices
- When the folder opens, look for a file named SystemVersion.plist
- Open the file in TextEdit
- What is the string for the ProductVersion key. It should look similar to the following, with string being the version you have installed (please post a screenshot):
- If the string is 10.8.5, close TextEdit (make sure no changes were made/saved), go back to the /System/Library/CoreServices folder and see if there is a file named "ServerVersion.plist"
Another item to check is if the mach_kernel file (usually a hidden) file exists on your system. There are a few threads on here regarding the missing mach_kernel file. These two, keep getting "general installation error" message Mac OSX 10.8.5/Safari 6.0.5 and Re: Cannot install Flash player, contain good tutorials on how to determine if the file exists or not, and if not, how to restore the file.
the string is 10.8.5, and there is no file such as ServerVersion.plist.
I'll check the two tutorials you sent to check the mach_kernel file.
Thanks a lot, again! I hope I'll find the solution...