Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player installation failing on OS X 10.8

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2014 Jul 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was trying to update but it didn't let me (Error at 50%, 70%, etc.). I have tried many times to uninstall and install again, it doesn't work. II've tried the link you provided but the solution didn't work for me (Error at 39% when downloading this time).

System Mac 10.8.5, Safari 6.1.3

Thanks so much, I'm going crazy!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rafel,

What is the error message that is displaying?

Please provide the Flash Player installer log file located at \Users\<YourUserID>\Library\Logs\FlashPlayerInstallManager.log.  You can use the instructions at How to share a document to upload the file.

The user's Library folder may be hidden, if so, open Finder, in the Finder toolbar, click Go.  Mouse-over the Go menu and click the alt/option key to display the Library folder. Click Library to open the Library folder.  Navigate to the Logs folder and you should see the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

thanks so much. Here's the link with the log and the screenshot. I had uninstalled Flash some days ago as it was recommended. This is what happens when I'm trying to install the v. 14.

Dateien freigegeben - Acrobat.com

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rafel,

Thank you for providing the screenshot and Flash Player install log file.  Can you provide the Flash Player related content from the /private/var/log/install.log file?

• Open the Console app, from /Applications/Utilities/Console
  • In the left pane, locate install.log inside /var/log (you may need to expand /var/log).
  • Click Insert Marker to insert a temporary marker at the end of the file
  • Run the Flash Player installer and proceed with the installation.  When the error is returned, click Done to close the window.
  • Select everything from the Marker to the end of the file and copy/paste it into a text file (/Applications/TextEdit.app)
  • Upload the text file to the same location as your other files.

Thank you in advance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rafel,

Thank you for the file.  Please do the following:

1. In the Finder menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder
  2. In the box that opens paste the text: /System/Library/CoreServices
  3. When the folder opens, look for a file named SystemVersion.plist
  4. Open the file in TextEdit
  5. What is the string for the ProductVersion key.  It should look similar to the following, with string being the version you have installed (please post a screenshot):
    <key>ProductVersion</key>
    <string>10.8.5</string>
  6. If the string is 10.8.5, close TextEdit (make sure no changes were made/saved), go back to the /System/Library/CoreServices folder and see if there is a file named "ServerVersion.plist"

Another item to check is if the mach_kernel file (usually a hidden) file exists on your system. There are a few threads on here regarding the missing mach_kernel file.  These two, keep getting "general installation error" message Mac OSX 10.8.5/Safari 6.0.5 and Re: Cannot install Flash player, contain good tutorials on how to determine if the file exists or not, and if not, how to restore the file.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Maria,

the string is 10.8.5, and there is no file such as ServerVersion.plist.

Dateien freigegeben - Acrobat.com

I'll check the two tutorials you sent to check the mach_kernel file.

Thanks a lot, again! I hope I'll find the solution...

Rafel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines