2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2014 9:43 AM by PendolinoPhotography

I have both Phothshop CC and Photoshop CC 2014 - Do I need both?

PendolinoPhotography

I did an update on Photoshop CC at the same time I installed CC 2014. 

My main reason for hesitating is I see Photoshop CC takes up 3.39GB and CC 2014 takes up 1.97GB.

So of course I'm wondering: What am I losing?

• 1. Re: I have both Phothshop CC and Photoshop CC 2014 - Do I need both?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

What am I losing?

The 32bit version. CC 2014 only installs 64bit on suitable systems unlike in the past where both versions would be installed. Otehrwise your question is far too generic and vague. You have not told us what specific stuff you do, what plug-ins and peripherals you use, what system you have etc. - all of which would be required to gauge whether your system is actually up to snuff for CC 2014 or you may want to hang on to CC (2013).

Mylenium

• 2. Re: I have both Phothshop CC and Photoshop CC 2014 - Do I need both?
            PendolinoPhotography Level 1

Ok my PC is running WIndows 7 64bit.  The Photoshop CC version I have is also 64bit.  I have 8gb of RAM.

I am a professional photographer and honestly all I do with Photoshop is edits for my clients and any artwork I feel like tweaking.

I have created several time-saving actions (watermarking, cropping, etc) that all seem to have transferred over.  I shoot raw only so edit everything in Camera Raw before fixing skin imperfections, dust or whatever.

Of course any chance to free up room on my C drive is a good thing.

So again, what does ANYONE lose by going from Adobe Photoshop CC to Adobe Photoshop CC 2014?