0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2014 10:09 AM by Hawken

Advanced Object Removal

Hawken

Hey Everyone,

I recently got into video editing and production through my work. We were working with some multi rotor pilots to get some aerial footage of a ranch and there was a shadow in one of the segments. More so for my own knowledge then for work purposes I have been trying to remove the shadow. It crosses over grass, gravel, a cattle guard, and nears another shadow so using any kind of clone stamping or masking was proving to be super difficult. I found this youtube video for advanced object removal and have been trying to follow the steps. As far as I can tell, I have followed them to a T but am still having some issues. Without being super familiar with After Effects or with some of the fundamentals of video editing I have been at a stand still trying to figure it out.

Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 11.01.33 AM.png

This is what I am getting after following the video. For some reason, I can't seem to get rid of the white solid layer entirely. Im guessing it has to do with how the light projection is happening or with the camera tracking. The other large problem I am having is that the light projection seems to just be a zoom in of the second clip layer. If I move forward in the clip you can see the upper layer is expanding and getting larger instead of just playing through. Lastly, as you can see in the image, i am having some issue with the quality of the projected image. Again I'm sure this is just a simple settings change but I am not sure where to start my look for them.

I attached the video footage I was working with if anyone would like to try. Again I'm just learning After Effects and would appreciate any help I can get.

Dropbox - Emigrant Shadow.mp4

Thanks!