3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2014 12:07 PM by Narcosises

DNG Converter problem - can't type anything into the fields

ManoaHinchey

I've been using 8.4 without any problems then suddenly when it loads all the blank sections where you type info in all 4 sections now display whatever is on the screen behind it and I can't enter any info  - it doesn't respond at all.  I deleted it and reinstalled and then again with 8.5 and now 8.6 but same problem.  Any help would be much appreciated.

• 1. Re: DNG Converter problem - can't type anything into the fields
          Level 5

BOILERPLATE TEXT:

If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand, such as your platform (Mac or Win), exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop and of Bridge, machine specs, what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far, what error message(s) you receive, if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them, etc., someone may be able to help you.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

• 2. Re: DNG Converter problem - can't type anything into the fields
            Narcosises

I too am having the same issue as described by ManoaHinchey.  Issue is as follows, when I start Adobe DNG the menus are see through.  If I minimize DNG and bring back to screen then the menus are blacked out (See Picture).

DNGIssue.jpg

First saw the issue with DNG 8.3.  I then updated to DNG 8.6 and am still experiencing the issue.  I have tried multiple reboots and making sure my computer has all current updates.

My system specs are:

Computer: Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13

Windows 8.1

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3537U CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.50 GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB

System Type: 64-bit OS

Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

• 3. Re: DNG Converter problem - can't type anything into the fields
              Narcosises Level 1

I found an old post regarding this issue and figured out the solution to my problem.

The problem was a corrupted settings entry in the Windows registry. When the following hex value was deleted, functionality was restored:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\DNG Converter\8.0\Preferences

Presumably the registry entry got corrupted somehow, but the DNG Converter software should not have been affected in this way. The software should be able to detect and repair/replace corrupted settings.