8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2014 1:05 PM by A.T. Romano

Problem to download premiere element

Julie12345

Hello,

I have a problem with my Premiere element version. It was working well but now that I had to refresh my PC, when I try to download it again, I receive a message saying that the version is not able to install with Windows 7. I have Windows 8... So I don't understand.

Sorry for my English.

Thanks,

Julie

• 1. Re: Problem to download premiere element
          Mark Mapes Adobe Employee

Moved to Premier Pro Elements forum.

• 2. Re: Problem to download premiere element
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Do you mean DOWNLOAD from the Internet Other downloads

Or to you mean INSTALL on your computer?

• 3. Re: Problem to download premiere element
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Julie12345

What version of Premiere Elements do you have?

Is your Windows 8 32 bit or 64 bit?

Are you downloading installation files from Adobe? When you downloaded these files from Adobe the first time , if you did, to what computer operating system were they downloaded Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 8 64 bit?

If you are downloading installation files from Adobe, you need two files. One will a .exe file extension and the other with a .7z file extension.

The important matter is that these file must be for the 32 bit or 64 bit for whatever computer operating system that you are using.

Look at the names of the files that you are downloading. If either has a 32 in them and you have a 64 bit computer, then you have the wrong files.

Go back and download the correct ones for 64 bit.

Please review and consider and then let us know the outcome. And, please give us more details if necessary to understand fully your situation.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Problem to download premiere element
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Julie

John seems confused in his reply to you.

From what you wrote, I am understanding your problem to be most likely

a. You purchased and installed Premiere Elements from Adobe using installation files downloaded of it.

b. For some reason, you "refreshed" your computer which I am interpreting as taking the computer back to factory defaults

c. After the "refresh", you need to install Premiere Elements again.

d. You are trying to download your purchased files from Adobe and are having the problems.

If the situation is other than that, please let us know.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Problem to download premiere element
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>John seems confused

Grin... yes... since people switch using "download" and "install" and they mean different things

• 6. Re: Problem to download premiere element
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

John

But, in this instance, the message presented to me as a straight forward "download" that would not "install".

But, let us see what Julie's review of the situation is. And, I do not believe that there is a language issue involved here

since the message seems so clear.

But the problem in itself is confusing since I could rationalize 32 bit vs 64 bit issue but not a Windows 7 versus Windows 8 issue in this.

But, the answers will be in Julie's details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Problem to download premiere element
                      Julie12345 Level 1

Hello John and A.T.

Thank you very much for your help and your answers. Yes, what happended is that I was working with Premiere Elements 10 and as I had some problem with my Windows, I had to "refresh" the system. So I lost part of my documents, including the softwares. So I had to do a new installation. I was doing it from my Adobe Account where I have my products, the keys and the links to download. It was ok with Photoshop element but not with premiere. At the end I understood the problem. There was more than 1 link and I didn't selected the 64 bits version to work well with Windows 8.1. But as with Photoshop the good link was the first one, I just didn't realize it.

So now it is all ok. Just this, that there is more than 1 link and you have to select the good one.

Thanks!

Julie

• 8. Re: Problem to download premiere element
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Julie

Many thanks for the follow up with the great news that you are moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects and goals. You did a great

job sorting through those downloading and installing procedures.

Please never hesitate to ask questions and to ask for clarification. We are glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Your follow up is important to all who find themselves in the same situation that you encountered.

Best wishes

ATR