5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2014 8:41 AM by A.T. Romano

Insufficient Disc Space On Drive

dtraylorsr Level 1

I have burned seven movies to disc, the movies are all the same size, and the disc's are Maxell DVD+R, 4.7 GB in size. Have used the same brand and type of disc for all seven movies. However now when I go to burn the next one I am getting the error message "insufficient disc space on drive for creating temporary files." I am using Premiere Elements 11, and its video editor function, importing a .wmv movie I previously created using Premiere Elements 11. What do I do to get rid of this error message problem?

• 1. Re: Insufficient Disc Space On Drive
          A.T. Romano Level 7

dtraylorsr

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements running on?

I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit for now.

Based on the error message that you are reporting,

insufficient disc space on drive for creating temporary files

I would cut to the following as the probable cause and solution.

In the project, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disk and look to the "Disc Encoding" and the location to which those files are directed.

Importantly, how much free hard drive space is at that location? I am suspecting no enough. Point the Disc Encoding to a location with enough free hard drive space to accept the file being automatically sent to it.

Let us see if that is the answer to your question. If not, a lot more details please, including Space Required and Bitrate in the Burn dialog (check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space")  just before hitting Burn button there.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Insufficient Disc Space On Drive
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Well... how much space do you have on your hard drive(s) to be able to create temporary files?

• 3. Re: Insufficient Disc Space On Drive
              A.T. Romano Level 7

dtraylorsr

Just a reminder that the immediate question is not how much free hard drive you have on your computer on any particular drive, but rather specifically how much free space do you have at the location to which the Disc Encoding is directed in Premiere Elements preferences.

ATR

• 4. Re: Insufficient Disc Space On Drive
                dtraylorsr Level 1

Thank you. The space that was being used had only about 300 MB free so I changed it to a different drive which had over a TB free space and it worked fine. Thanks for the advice.

• 5. Re: Insufficient Disc Space On Drive
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

dtraylorsr

Thanks for the great news of success.

Your follow up is important and will be helpful to all.

Best wishes as you move forward in your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR