• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 11 to Word 2010 including MERGEFORMAT tags in every H1 in the document

Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

When I generate Printed Documentation from RoboHelp 11 to Microsoft Word 10, I am now seeing MERGEFORMAT tags in every Heading 1 in my document when I have paragraph marks turned on. This issue started today and is 100% reproducible in all of my tests this morning. Prior to today, this was not an issue. I always work with paragraph marks on, so while turning the marks off hides the MERGEFORMAT tags, it is really not acceptable. I have attached an image showing what the H1s look like now with paragraph marks turned on. Any help in the way of resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mattword heading issue RH11.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested older projects and several projects for which I generated Printed Documentation just a week ago. All projects were ok except the one in which I saw this issue. Thankfully, the project it was present in is small and was not too time consuming to re-create. I hope this is a one time problem and we don't see it again.

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off Show Fields in Word. That is the cause of the problem, not Rh.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, Peter. I was puzzled because this was happening only in one project and I made the wrong assumption that Word settings would apply universally unless you changed them and I didn't. This is something to file in our knowledge base as I am sure we'll see it again. I leave the paragraph marks on because we have an exec who insists on double-spacing after a period (actually, end punctuation) and I don't do that as a habit, so the marks help. We had a fight about whether colons and semicolons are end punctuation and I said they aren't, but that's a whole separate matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double spacing after punctuation can cause bad word wrapping in HTML. Ask

your exec to resolve that conflict!

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is randomly occurring again and turning off Show Fields does not fix it. I have done Alt+F9 and gone to File > Options > Advanced and Show field codes instead of their values is unchecked. I really hate Word. What am I missing? It looks like Word converted the code field value to text. I did not ask it to do that, though. What am I missing? Is there a setting in the Printed Documentation SSL that is causing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2014 Aug 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but this has to be a Word issue. There is no setting in Rh that would do this. Perhaps try a Word repair or a Word forum such as Windows Secrets Lounge

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp