7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2014 3:46 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I eliminate the shake on the final product?

Jason777

The original video and the edited one in the work space are fine, but the final burned product has a shake to it. How do I alleviate the issue?

• 1. Re: How do I eliminate the shake on the final product?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Jason777

The answers are in the details.

What version of Premiere Elements are you working with and on what computer operating system is it running?

What was your final burn product..

Burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc

Burn to AVCHD format on DVD disc

Burn to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc

What are the properties of your source media and were you importing interlaced or progressive video for your Timeline?

What did you set for the project preset of this project to match the properties of you source media? Did you apply any

Field Options to the Timeline content?

Are you specific about "shake" or are you referring to lines in the video playback?

What player are you using for play back of the disc product?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I eliminate the shake on the final product?
            Jason777 Level 1

Elements 12.

I am burning a DVD-Video on DVD.

The source was originally a MiniDV tape captured on 3CCD, converted to .dv, which is what I put into the timeline.

Project presets and field options are beyond my knowledge.

The shake is a subtle vertical movement of the entire video on playback from both DVD and MPEG2 formats.

Windows Media Player is what I am viewing it on after burning.

• 3. Re: How do I eliminate the shake on the final product?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jason777

Where did you do this capture, was it done with a firewire connection, was it DV data or HDV data capture, and what are you putting on the Timeline?

DV AVI Type 2 or MPEG2.mpg or something else. Since you say "dv", please confirm that you mean DV AVI type 2 and

indicate if it was standard 4:3 or widescreen 16:9.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: How do I eliminate the shake on the final product?
                Jason777 Level 1

I ripped it from the DVD and that is what I put into the timeline. It is all standard definition.

Do you recommend a different format to convert it when ripping from the DVD?

• 5. Re: How do I eliminate the shake on the final product?
                  Jason777 Level 1

Would it be better to convert it to an AVI file to work with in the timeline?

• 6. Re: How do I eliminate the shake on the final product?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Jason777

What you just wrote

The source was originally a MiniDV tape captured on 3CCD, converted to .dv, which is what I put into the timeline.

Does not appear to match up with what you just wrote in post numbered 4. So, let us recap....

Anywhere along the line did you ever have DVD-VIDEO on a DVD disc. According to what you wrote, you should have since you wrote

"I ripped it from the DVD and that is what I put into the timeline. It is all standard definition" Does your "DVD" = DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc?

If that is what you did, you did not put dv (dv video compression) on the Timeline. What went on the Timeline was MPEG2.vob video file from

the DVD-VIDEO structure. Your file's name was probably VTS_01_1.VOB.

Although some may push you in the direction of converting the video files VOBs to mpeg, there is no need to do that.

You insert your DVD disc into the burner tray, open Premiere Elements 12 with the appropriate project preset, and use Add Media/DVD Camera or Computer Drive/Video Importer. So, is that what you did in Premiere Elements 12 which produced the DVD-VIDEO on DVD that you have shake problems?

All these details have implications in the troubleshooting.

Premiere Elements DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc includes a specification for Field Order = Lower (Bottom) Field First. Some software puts out DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc to include Field Order = Top (Upper) Field First. So, depending on the details, reversing the Field Order might be one solution to what you are seeing.

Please review the above and then let us see if we can get together on the details. If there is anything that I have written that you do not understand, please do not hesitate to let me know. I will rewrite it in another way to get my thoughts across.

We look forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Important...when you are in the Premiere Elements 12 Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc burn dialog, what does it show for Space Required and Bitrate (with a check mark next to "Fit Contents to Available Space") just before you hit the Burn button?

If you do not have a check mark next to "Fit Contents to Available Space", where is the Quality Slider positioned just before you hit the Burn button?

• 7. Re: How do I eliminate the shake on the final product?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Jason777

I did not see your post numbered 5 until I have posted my post numbered 6.

All depends on the source...if you have a miniTV camcorder with DV data, attached the camera to the computer with a firewire connection and do a

DV data capture into the Premiere Elements Capture Windows. You will be putting DV AVI (in your case 4:3) on the Timeline. And, the Field Order will be Lower (Bottom) Field First. And it will be Type 2.

Before you begin the capture, set the project preset in Premiere Elements 12 manually to NTSC DV Standard. See the How To details for manual project setting in 12

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Accuracy of Automatic Project Preset (New Project Dialog) Setting

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR