• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arabic text direction and language in Illustrator CC 2014

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a rich text format document in Arabic and the text direction is from right to left. when I copy the text in TextEdit software and paste it in illustrator CC 2014 I can change the characters to Arabic but the text direction in from left to right. I've read about Adobe World-Ready Composers and the option for paragraph direction in the adobe site in this link Creative Suite Help | Arabic and Hebrew support in CS6 but I don't have this option in my version of Illustrator CC 2014. This is the image shown in the link http://helpx.adobe.com/mena/using/arabic-hebrew/_jcr_content/main-pars/image.img.png/World-readyComp... and these are my options shown in these two screen capture images of my software. What should I do?

Screen Shot 2014-07-29 at 5.53.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-07-29 at 5.53.48 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Hi rodrigolima74 I got solution.

Please follow the steps. So you can easily Type Arabic.

1) - Edit->Preference->Type

Tick the ''Show Indic Option"

Then Press Ok

type.jpg

Then Go to

* Window->Type->Paragraph ( Alt+Ctrl+T)

type-02.jpg

Then try to type Arabic

you can easily  Type.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rodrigo

This is a portuguese based forum. So, if you prefer to write questions in english I suggest you to use the default Adobe Illustrator forum at Illustrator

About your questions, please acess the Adobe Illustrator Preferences dialog box by going to menu Edit > Preferences > Type (Windows) or Illustrator > Preferences > Type.

Inside this Type section, please make sure you have enabled the right "Language Options"... in your case "Show Indic Options".

When enabling this option, you will have the options you are looking at the Paragraph panel.

Please tell me if it works for you.

Best Regards

Gustavo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obrigado por tentar ajudar mas não funcionou. Meus painéis continuam sem me mostrar o ícone de texto da direita para a esquerda.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rodrigo, há uma discussão parecida com a sua neste link: Re: Illustrator and Arabic text

Talvez possa lhe ajudar.

Abraços

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Não me ajudou.

As soluções dadas foram, comprar a versão ME ou descarregar um arquivo para o photoshop CS4 para windows mas eu uso Mac.

Mesmo assim obrigado pela tentativa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello ,

please i cant find/follow : << the Adobe Illustrator Preferences dialog box by going to menu Edit > Preferences > Type (Windows) or Illustrator > Preferences > Type.

Inside this Type section, please make sure you have enabled the right "Language Options"... in your case "Show Indic Options". >>

iullustrator preferences.jpg

can you help me please, thank u.

regards

raafet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you working?

Gustavo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine, many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm having the same problem with illustrator cc 14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rodrigolima74 I got solution.

Please follow the steps. So you can easily Type Arabic.

1) - Edit->Preference->Type

Tick the ''Show Indic Option"

Then Press Ok

type.jpg

Then Go to

* Window->Type->Paragraph ( Alt+Ctrl+T)

type-02.jpg

Then try to type Arabic

you can easily  Type.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you guys for helping..

but still there is a huge problem; you cant wright any spacial characters like parenthesis or question mark at the end of a sentence.

(even though i have done every thing to make this work, it still requires the "Right-to-Left paragraph direction")

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you guys for helping..

but still there is a huge problem; you cant wright any spacial characters like parenthesis or question mark at the end of a sentence.

(even though i have done every thing to make this work, it still requires the "Right-to-Left paragraph direction")

Untitled-1.jpg

Hello, i have the same issue exactly !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any fix ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

In adobe creative clould app. Go to options or setting and select (english يدعم العربية).

After that you will see a new ver to install. It will replace your ver . after that you can do the steps in this thread and it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really can't believe it's 2017 and this is still an issue. Why does Adobe make it so difficult to use a western language and Arabic on the same software? Worst is that there's no consistency across their software. I don't have this issue in Photoshop or InDesign, but I do in Illustrator. I don't want to install the English MENA versions because they make everything worse, it basically gives priority to Arabic, the same way the English version gives priority to English, so when you want to write in English you encounter many other frustrations!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not true at all. For many decades we have been producing Books, magazines, posters, and news papers in Arabic/English with Adobe products, if you are facing any difficulty in a tool, feature, or technique, just go the appropriate English forum and ask for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines