5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2014 12:12 AM by hans-g.

why don't relative images show in design view?

lowy

Does anyone know if dreamweaver has lost support for relative links to an images folder?

Now when I insert an image using  img src="images/image.gif" the images show up in design view as broken, but when I view the html in a browser it works.

Any clues?

• 1. Re: why don't relative images show in design view?
          hans-g. Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hello lowy,

instead of using the code from above, please try this:

Click into your image with the broken tag (symbol).

Go to (translated from my German DW) and use "search file" (Datei suchen), see screenshot:.

DWImage.jpg

Your image directory opens (Maybe you have to correct the directory)

Click iinto the image >>> OK >>> image is now on the right place and you can see it in design view too.

Hans-Günter

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: why don't relative images show in design view?
            Jon Fritz II Adobe Community Professional & MVP

lowy wrote:

Does anyone know if dreamweaver has lost support for relative links to an images folder?

Now when I insert an image using  img src="images/image.gif" the images show up in design view as broken, but when I view the html in a browser it works.

Any clues?

No, it definitely hasn't lost that ability.

One thing I can think of would be saving a jpeg with a CMYK color profile rather than RGB. DW won't show cmyk jpegs in Design View, but some browsers will.

Not properly defining a site can cause problems too, but usually you get all kinds of pop-ups warning you about that issue.

• 3. Re: why don't relative images show in design view?
              lowy Level 1

nope, definitely defined the site and images folder, and images are RGB gifs from Fireworks CS6. A file I built in CC seems to work fine using exactly the same set up, but the one built in CC 2014 doesn’t. Seems odd right?

• 4. Re: why don't relative images show in design view?
                lowy Level 1

Update to this issue. I moved the folder containing the html file and images folder to my desktop and now it works just fine. I haven't even defined the site. Go figure.

• 5. Re: Re: why don't relative images show in design view?
                  hans-g. Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hello lowy,

please be careful about your " I moved the folder containing the html file and images folder to my desktop and now it works just fine." Did you already upload your websites to your server. And can you see all the images?

Please have a look to your source code. I fear you will find there many of these entries: file:///. These pathes to your files and images are pointing to your hard drive, which nobody can see except you.

Please load up your website to your server, so that we could find some other "culprits" if still necessary.

Good luck!

Hans-Günter

1 person found this helpful