10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2014 12:40 AM by shellevik10

After Effect Error: overflow converting ratio denominators. (17 :: 18)

shellevik10

Hi.

This is my first time ever asking about a problem on a forum. I usually always search the web myself and eventually find a solution, but not this time.

Last week I bought a Denver Action Camera (AC5000W), a cheap GoPro replica. I've been using it the last couple of days on a road trip. When I got home and wanted to edit the clips I got the error whenever I imported a clip into After Effect CS6. I looked it up, and a easy solution was just to right click the clip and Interpret Footage > Main and change the fps, but if I do so, I lose about 8-10 minutes of every clip.

The Action Camera says it films in 30 fps, but After Effects reads it as 29,411 fps, so I guess it has something to do with the fps. (I'm not really any AE expert, I just use it for cutting and adding music basicly). If I change the composition's fps to 29,411, I still get the error. The only time I don't get the error is if I change the clips' fps, but end up loosing the last part of the clip.

I do not use any plugins or anything so I doubt that would be the problem. I really hope someone have a solution to my problem.

Thanks

Action Camera Info:

Denver AC5000w

Image sensor: 5.0 MP CMOS sensor

Focus: Fixed angle 120 degrees

Video: 1080p@30fps, 720p@60fps

Laptop info: (not really the best pc to use editing, but it does the job)
      Asus S400CA
      Intel® Core™ i3 3217U
      Windows 8.1
      500GB HDD
      4GB Ram