13 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2014 6:35 AM by Bob Caused This

Tips on Creating URL web hyperlinks from flattened tif files during export to Acrobat PDF

Bob Caused This

Hi all. I'm using PageMaker 7.01a on Windows 7 64 bit (yes it works). Every month I export a 72 or 80 page publication to pdf for printing. I use this same file to create a 'digital publication' using 3D Issue Pro 6.2 to post online.

What's really annoying is that Acrobat (v. 8.3.1) will not convert any web site urls that are buried in a flattened tif file. I have a LOT of ads that I create in PhotoShop and place into PageMaker as tif files.

Acrobat does a great job of picking up the web urls in the exported text. But I have to manually add quite a bit of web urls and email addresses in the pdf file using the 'create link' command.

I am using PhotoShop v. 9 (CS2) and I may have already explored the option of saving the layered .tif files as PDF, but to no avail.

Any suggestions on how I can somehow automate this process? Also, maybe the first response will be to switch to InDesign, but even if I did, would it help with my current dilemma?

Thanks in advance.

CD