• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe flash update now PC very slow for videos

Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My laptop is a year or so old and has been working great, no problems, no issues, never had slow or unresponsive internet experience before. But recently I either updated firefox and/or updated my adobe flash and my computer is ridiculously slow and no where near the performance it used to have. I also went out and bought 4GB additional of RAM. It had 4GB originally now totaling 8GB.

My issues are: Anytime I go onto a website that either has video embedded files or any flash player or shockwave player files it freezes up, to the point where I have to hit the control alt delete and kill the firefox. I then tried loading some websites (ei: ESPNdotcom is a site that always gives me problems and then gives me the unresponsive adobe flash player crashed error) or even when i try to stream or play any video, whether its on youtube or movie/show sites. My computer never had issues before one of these adobe updates and maybe that could be the issue. Not sure though. I've tried uninstalling firefox with revo uninstaller, along with uninstalling adobe flash, then reinstalling firefox then adobe flash with latest update of both. Still same results. This has happened on firefox, i tried using microsoft explorer same thing, and i also just tried google chrome which is slightly better loading websites but playing videos is still stagnant.

These are the errors I get, mostly just the first one.

"shockwave flash may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the plugin now or you can continue to see if the plugin will complete"

and

"a script on this page may be busy or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now or you can continute to see if the script will complete.  Then says https://[something different everytime]"

i use windows 8.1

pc is samsung NP355E5C

8GB Ram

Adobe Shockwave version 12.1.3r153

Adobe FlashVersion 14.0.0.145

Firefox 31.0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, reboot and see if the issue persists.

If it's still happening, does it also happen in Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.  Even if you don't like them, this helps to isolate the root-cause.

Please provide an exact link to a page that demonstrates the problem so that we can try to reproduce it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines