2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2014 1:42 AM by snmbala

Trouble with clipping paths in Photoshop CS5

edtGrfx

Hello everyone, I am having trouble with clipping paths in Photoshop CS5. When I start a new path both path and anchor points are not visible. working on a Layer not background 0 and a Path Layer was created.I've also noticed that Photoshop started running pretty slow. All other programs are fine. Any Ideas or suggestions? Thank You

• 1. Re: Trouble with clipping paths in Photoshop CS5
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

edtGrfx wrote:

Hello everyone, I am having trouble with clipping paths in Photoshop CS5. When I start a new path both path and anchor points are not visible. working on a Layer not background 0 and a Path Layer was created.

What do you mean by "a Path Layer was created"?  Path are in the path palette, there is a path in shape layers and they is a path in a vector layer mask. I have never seen a reference to a path layer before this.  When a path in the path palette is selected activate it wall also be shown in the image window.  Does not matter if there is a targeted layer or not.  Control points may or may not be displayed. Using Path tool you can select and select segments and show some or all control points, Path are editable.

View the following image in a new tab and scale to actual pixels for a clear image this site scales image poorly.

Capture.jpg

• 2. Re: Trouble with clipping paths in Photoshop CS5
            snmbala Level 1

Can you plz elaborate the issue? You can also attach the screenshot