2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2014 9:27 PM by A.T. Romano

Why does Adobe Premiere Elements 12 render only audio?

ilikepike7

I have a brand new laptop with all required specs to run Adobe Premiere. I only have the trial version of PRE12 at the moment. The program itself actually runs great, but I can't seem to get it to render correctly. I film on a GoPro Hero 3 White Edition camera and have been unable to get it to render any video filmed on it. I am rendering MPEGS at 1920X1080i 30fps ( which is the exact video the gorpo is said to record). This may even be a problem with wiindows media player, which II am attempting to view rendered videos on. I don't know what else to try!

• 1. Re: Why does Adobe Premiere Elements 12 render only audio?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ilikepike7

Premiere Elements 12 on what computer operating system?

There are two types of rendering in Premiere Elements - Timeline render which is a preview thing to get the best possible preview of the Timeline content as viewed in the Edit area monitor AND render in the export sense of the word.

I am assuming that you are asking about render in the export sense of the word.

1. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 12? If not, please do so.

Also go to Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime and see if you have presets there for QuickTime.

2. Are you running Premiere Elements 12 from a User Account with Administrative Privileges and also with Run As Administrator applied via the desktop icon for the program.

Lots and lots more questions I could ask, but for now please see if we can find the solution in the above.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Why does Adobe Premiere Elements 12 render only audio?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

ilikepike7

Add On...Publish+Share/Computer/ has several choices. Do not get catch in thinking that there are only 3 (Adobe Flash Video, MPEG, and AVCHD). You need to use the thin scroll bar to the right of the choice to see the complete line up of choices. QuickTime is toward the bottom of the list.

ATR