5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2014 10:49 AM by A.T. Romano

Does premiere elements 12 compatible with microphone Behringer C-1U ?

ranlo77

Hi !!

Because when everything is recorded ( music, images and my voice ) the video can be display for a while normaly  but then stop working ...my voice cannot be heard anymore....thanx

• 1. Re: Does premiere elements 12 compatible with microphone Behringer C-1U ?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ranlo77

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? Have you installed the 12.1 Update of the program via a project's Help Menu/Update?

What type of a microphone is the Behringer C-1U? Is the connection USB or to a computer jack? USB microphones typically do not work with Premiere Elements (any version).

However, from what you wrote, I am not sure if you are referring to a microphone issue or a Timeline playback issue.

1. If the Behringer C-1U microphone is removed from the computer, do you continue to have problems with Premiere Elements 12 play back in the Edit area monitor?

2. Are you using the Behringer C-1U microphone for generating narration with the program's Narration Tool or are you using this microphone as an external microphone for your camera?

This may lead us into matters related to your project settings and the properties of the source media than just a microphone compatibility issue.

Please clarify and then we will decide what next which is likely to include

a. Project Preset

b. Properties of Source Media

c. Other

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Does premiere elements 12 compatible with microphone Behringer C-1U ?
            ranlo77 Level 1

HI !!!

Thank you for your fast answer .

my computer : PC ACER ASPIRE TC-605-478      4770-CPU @ 3,40 Ghz    8.00 go ram   intel core i7 processor x64 monitor LED 21.5"    HDD SSD / KINGSTON HYPERX 3K

And I just update elements 12...

I go straight away to the point cos my BEHRINGER C-1U is actually a USB connection.       .BUT it seems to work correctly at the beginning ( i can enjoy as normal the movie on the timetable) and it's only after a while that the all system fail ( can be the next day when i turn my computer on again ) SO THEN I cannot hear my voice  anymore....If any elements version are not compatible with Behringer USB microphone , how this can be happening ???  

Your question /answer : if i don't use the microphone, no problem occurs...And i am using the behringer C-1U TO GENERATE NARRATION....

.i first started with a basic microphone from PLANTRONICS but the result wasn't good at all ( the voice  was always down compare with the music , for instance) ..That is why i purchased This USB behringer microphone...

For the rest of your questions, i just do not understand ( EVEN IN FRENCH LANGUAGE HAHAHAHA) what is a project preset. I guess that "properties of source media" is : SD CARD format AVCHD

thank you

• 3. Re: Does premiere elements 12 compatible with microphone Behringer C-1U ?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ranlo77

Thank you for the reply.

Some Premiere Elements 12 users have reported a problem where the project losses its audio from numbered Audio Track and Soundtrack when a narration clip is created by the program's Narration Tool and is in the Narration Track.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Audio Losses After Narration Addition

Please read the details and the LLamadude 99 solution to determine if that problem (or a variation of it) applies to your situation.

To be saved for later, if necessary.....

For the moment we will put aside the questions that are defying translation. But, you really do need to make sure that you are setting up the project correctly to get a good start in the project, aside from the audio issue.

When you open a new project, a project preset (project settings) need to be set to match the properties of your source file.

The properties of your source file would include: video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio. The project preset is important because it instructs the program what space to give you in the Edit area monitor for editing purchases.

In Premiere Elements 11 and 12, the program takes charge in setting the project preset for you automatically based on the properties of the first file dragged to the Timeline. Sometimes the program does that task OK. Sometimes not. For the not times, then you set the project preset manually before you import your source files.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Accuracy of Automatic Project Preset (New Project Dialog) Setting

Back to the audio issue....

Please create your narration (as .wav file) in Audacity Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder and then import it into Premiere Elements 12 project using Premiere Elements 12 Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the narration to the Narration Track. Then determine if the problems still exist or are gone.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank for the follow up.

ATR

• 4. Re: Does premiere elements 12 compatible with microphone Behringer C-1U ?
                ranlo77 Level 1

It is working well so far . thanx to you and Audacity....

loran

• 5. Re: Does premiere elements 12 compatible with microphone Behringer C-1U ?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

ranlo77

Great news. Great job working through the details to success.

Best wishes moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR