8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2017 3:33 PM by KenWK

Updating a CS4 script to CC

Higgs

Hi, first time user of the forum but have used a fair few threads of the years via google.

I must admit my knowledge is fairly limited when it comes to scripting, but up until now, I have only had to alter someone else's work.

We are currently looking to change systems so we are going from InDesign CS4 to CC and I need to change a visual basic script so that it runs in the newer version.

This is where the problem occurs. I have changed the InDesign reference to CC and in the script too; i.e. Dim myInDesign = CreateObject("InDesign.Application.CC") where originally it said Dim myInDesign = CreateObject("InDesign.Application.CS4")

I know there will be plenty more changes needed, but I wanted to make a start, break the script and fix it as I go along. Problem is I get this error straight away:

'An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in microsoft.visualbasic.dll

Additional information: Cannot create ActiveX component.'

I found some answers to this on the forum and tried re-registering and running a script mentioned [url=ActiveX component can’t create object: ‘Scripting.FileSystemObject’ | eX-SI]here[/url] but neither worked.

I am currently using a trial version of CC for testing before we have to purchase a cloud license and unfortunately I am on an old version of VB, 2003. My machine is running windows 7, 64 bit.

Any help would be great, I don't mind reading but I am not searching for the correct term as google isn't giving me the answer I require

Thanks

H