2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2014 10:21 AM by Butch_M

I UPDATED TO 5.6 and still NO Tethered capture with Nikon D4s  ???  When ???

shermanphoto

I UPDATED TO 5.6 and still NO Tethered capture with Nikon D4s  ???  When ???

• 1. Re: I UPDATED TO 5.6 and still NO Tethered capture with Nikon D4s  ???  When ???
          dj_paige Level 9

We don't know, we're just Lightroom users here in this forum. Why are you asking us?

By the way, it is my understanding that until Nikon provides the proper information about this camera, there's nothing Adobe can do ...

• 2. Re: I UPDATED TO 5.6 and still NO Tethered capture with Nikon D4s  ???  When ???
            Butch_M Level 4

If you are on Mac OS X 10.9 or later ... you can tether with the Nikon D4s right now. No waiting.

Use the free Image Capture app (in the applications folder) to set it up ... then set Lightroom for auto import from a watched folder (the folder you designated in ImageCapture) and it should work. It takes a few seconds longer to get the image into Lr, but it works ... and has done so for quite some time. IC is very spartan in what it offers as far as controlling the camera or reading current settings from the computer UI but it will work. It even has a nifty time-lapse feature you can employ if you like. Great for Canon shooters who don't have a time-lapse feature built in the camera.

I never really understood how Apple (Aperture) and Phase One (Capture 1)  can offer tether support (usually the same day they offer RAW file support) for nearly twice as many cameras and it can take Adobe months and months longer to offer tether support for new cameras ... It's easy to blame Nikon and Canon, but it seems Apple and Phase One don't suffer the same limitations. I doubt the camera makers are more fond of those developers.