8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2014 12:29 PM by Knockjames

New Lens Profiles?

Knockjames

I have just updated to Lightroom 5.6, but can't locate the lens profile for the Canon EF-S 10-18mm that was supposed to be included as part of the update.  Anyone else have the same problem, or am I doing something wrong?

• 1. Re: New Lens Profiles?
          DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

Are you in the Develop Module and do you have a raw file selected, which was taken with a supported Canon Camera body and the Canon EF-S 10-18mm Lens?

If not can you explain how you are attempting to "locate the lens profile".

• 2. Re: New Lens Profiles?
            Knockjames Level 1

Thank you for responding.  Yes, I do have a RAW file selected, taken on a Canon body with the 10-18mm lens. In Develop Module various other Canon lens profiles seem to be available, but not the new 10-18mm.

Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 17.50.49.png

• 3. Re: New Lens Profiles?
              RikkFlohr Adobe Community Professional

Looks like you have a JPEG selected to me.  The Canon lens list for Raw is much longer.

• 4. Re: New Lens Profiles?

I checked mine the profile is there. Make sure you have booted the 5.6 version. Try to select manual and custom and see you get it to show. After you have found it use the option to save as default.

• 5. Re: New Lens Profiles?
                  ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The 14 Canon profiles you show are for non-raw files (JPG, TIF, PSD), not raws, so despite what you may think, you do not have a raw file selected, or show us the entire screen with the filename visible in the Loupe info area:

If you actually had a raw file selected the list of profiles would be too long to fit on screen, and you'd see your 10-18mm STM lens profile in the list:

DNGs can be created from both raws and non-raws so if you are looking at a file with a DNG extension, then you can't tell by file extension, alone.

Another clue would be that the camera profile in the Calibration area would say Embedded not Adobe Standard or Camera-whatever.

• 6. Re: New Lens Profiles?

In my earlier post I advised

"Try to select manual and custom and see you get it to show. After you have found it use the option to save as default."

I am using a raw .orf file from my Olympus m4/3 an I can locate the profile.

• 7. Re: New Lens Profiles?
                      Knockjames Level 1

Thank you Rikk Flohr.  You are absolutely correct. I am a tool!

• 8. Re: New Lens Profiles?
                        Knockjames Level 1

Thank you ssprengel! You are right.  I had taken the pictures in RAW and then inadvertently converted to JPEG before developing in Lightroom.  I appreciate your time and advice.  I feel like such a klutz.