6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2014 10:02 AM by A.T. Romano

DEFAULT RANSITION

terrycaie

((PREMIER ELEMENTS 12 )     IS HERE ANY WAY OF MAKING A PARTICULAR TRANSITION ( I.E. CROSS FADE ) MY DEFAULT TRANSITION AND THEREFORE ADD IT TO ALL THE PICTURES IN  MY PROJECT IN ONE GO PLEASE ?

• 1. Re: DEFAULT RANSITION
          jtopenshaw Level 1

Right click on the transition you want as default and then select it as default. Select all your pictures at once and hit control + D to apply the transitions to all.

• 2. Re: DEFAULT RANSITION
            terrycaie Level 1

That's brilliant.........................just carried out your answer and all works fine. Thanks very much. Terry

• 3. Re: DEFAULT RANSITION
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jtopenshaw and terrycale

Jtopenshaw, your suggestion does not work as described. Are you leaving something out? I think you are.

terrtcake, I am not seeing how you could carry out that suggestion as described and get it to work for you.

Explanation for my comments:

1. For terrycale how to, it can be accomplished in two ways...

a. Under Transitions Tab, right click the transition wanted as Default, and click on the pop up that says "Set Selected As Default Transition".

Follow that by selecting all the Timeline clips involved, going to Timeline Menu, and clicking on Apply Default Transition.

or

b. Setting the Default transition as stated in "a" and then using Ctrl+D PROVIDED you have created a keyboard shortcut for

Apply Default Transition = Ctrl+D in Edit Menu/Keyboard Customization/Application/Timeline and "Apply Default Transition".

I have two computers with Premiere Elements 12 installed and neither of them has a default keyboard shortcut Ctrl+D associated with

Apply Default Transition. If you do not associate Ctrl+D with Apply Default Transition in Keyboard Customization, I find that when you try

to use Ctrl+D in the Timeline, you get one transition placed at the position of the Timeline Indicator and no more than that.

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: DEFAULT RANSITION
                terrycaie Level 1

Ok.......................................

I found that the easiest way was to  ( assuming that you have your pictures on display in the timeline )..................

Now, open your transitions..............highlight the one that you want to use for your default.

Then, go to your timeline and , whilst holding down your CTRL button, highlight ALL the pictures that you want included with the same transition.

Then, right click on any of the selected pictures and you will get a dropdown list......

Right click the choice that says “ Apply default transition”....................you should then find that ALL of your pictures ( previously selected ) have the transition .

Hope that works for you.

Terry

• 5. Re: DEFAULT RANSITION
                  terrycaie Level 1

Sorry, meant to say , press and hold the arrow key (pointing upwards) –  above the Ctrl button and NOT the Ctrl button when selecting all the pictures !!!!

Terry

• 6. Re: DEFAULT RANSITION
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Terry

This did not start out to be a question on how to select more than one photo at a time, but before getting to the core transition question, best we go over the selection issue, especially in view of what you are posting.

Selection Opportunities for selecting more than one Timeline photo at a time.

1. If all you have on the Timeline are the photos involved, Edit Menu/Select All or Ctrl+A.

2. Use the mouse cursor to draw a rectangle around the photos to select them

3. As you hold down on the Shift key, click on each of the photos that you want to be included in the "all at one time" selection.

Not sure if I missed one, but surely not included is as you have posted

Then, go to your timeline and , whilst holding down your CTRL button, highlight ALL the pictures that you want included with the same transition.

and later amended to

press and hold the arrow key (pointing upwards) –  above the Ctrl button and NOT the Ctrl button when selecting all the pictures !!!!

Your description does not work for selecting more than one Timeline photo at a time.

Now back to the transition question about applying transition to more than one photo at a time.

In my post numbered 3, I wrote as alternative

a. Under Transitions Tab, right click the transition wanted as Default, and click on the pop up that says "Set Selected As Default Transition".

Follow that by selecting all the Timeline clips involved, going to Timeline Menu, and clicking on Apply Default Transition.

I would agree with you that a variation of that would be right clicking anywhere in the selection of the photos and selecting Apply Default Transition.

But, I have yet to figure out how you attained your goal with the description as posted by jtopenshow in post 1 for reasons that I gave in post 3.

Right click on the transition you want as default and then select it as default. Select all your pictures at once and hit control + D to apply the transitions to all

If you have any questions about your Premiere Elements worksflows, please do not hesitate to ask or to ask for clarification.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On....Please refer to above in Bold text. I just figured out that your

press and hold the arrow key (pointing upwards) –  above the Ctrl button and NOT the Ctrl button when selecting all the pictures !!!!

equaled the Shift Key. See my summary of Selection Opportunities "3". It was the "arrow key (pointing upwards)" in your amending description that threw me off your course.